Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

sure signal

dylwills75
2: Seeker

I had a power cut a week ago since then sure signal box doesn't work I have tried several factory resets and nothing only one of the four green lights on.. its version 1

14 REPLIES 14

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@dylwills75 - Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

• Your speed test results from here.
  • Your ping test results from here.
  • Your external IP address from here.
  • The results of a traceroute.
  • Your Sure Signal serial number: 

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

1. Click on Start and select Run
  2. Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
  3. A black box will appear.
  4. In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
  5. Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

dylwills75
I haven't got a pc

Ping is 15
Speed 36 meg
Serial number 21197186428

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@dylwills75 - I’ve taken a look at your serial number and this is showing as connecting to our servers today. Is everything back up and running now?

dylwills75
No still not working only have one green light on the box have done another factory reset and nothing

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@dylwills75 - I’ve performed a resync of your Sure Signal today, please allow 6 hours for this to update.

If you’re still having problems after trying this, please get back to me with your external IP address which you can get here.

dylwills75
No still doesn't work

IP 2a02:c7f:2024:9800:d79

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@dylwills75

You Sure Signal is showing as connecting to our servers at 1:59am today, are you still having trouble with it?

The IP address you've provided is coming back as invalid. Can you please double check this using the link Jenny provided and get back to us?

dylwills75
Sorry I put wrong number in

No still not working only top two green lights on fourth light not on

IP 188.221.98.111

cineriv
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi dylwills75,

Just looking at your symptoms I would strongly recommend that you try replacing your power supply adaptor as this is usually the cause of problems similar to yours.

Firstly, have a look around for a suitable unit with a 12 Volt output @ around 1.5Amp capacity that you could 'borrow' to prove the fault. Suitable units can be found on external hard drives, monitors, printers, routers etc.etc.

New power supply adaptors can be obtained from Ebay or Amazon and cost around £10-12 inc. delivery.

Regards.