Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

suresignal 1 problems xperia z2

EwenMcMillan
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have reset my vss 1 as per instructions and transferred ownership to one of my users and back again My new xperia z2 with new sim is still not able to register on the vss. My serial is 21818613701. Please can you verify not disabled and resync?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Reading through other forum posts, specifically the thread about SureSignal 1 with 3 correct lights showing but no 3G connection, I found the following:

Re: SS v1 with correct lights but no 3G signal, READ THIS

I have been having a "no-3G signal" problem with my VSS1 for over a week and have been back and forward on this forum with the Tech Team going through their bog-standard list of try this, try that, ping this, run that tracert, etc.

I had previously Reset my box using all of the various methods suggested on this forum, including the Anabolic Stewie one mentioned in Paul 42's post above.

However earlier this evening I read a reply post from shane12345 saying what had worked for him was a slight variation on Stewie's version:

"Remove network cable from SS and do a full reset. Leave SS alone (now back on) for 10 mins or so, THEN plug the network cable back in.". 

When I got home from work I did the following and, bugger me, my VSS1 is finally working again  (hoorah!):

1 - Hold the reset button until all 4 lights are solid. Don't let go of the button yet

2 - Remove the power cable then the LAN cable, then let go of the reset button

3 - Insert ONLY the power cable

4 - Go away...cook dinner...open a nice bottle of wine....eat dinner, drink some wine

5 - Return to VSS1 (mine still only had light 1 on at this point). Insert the LAN cable and leave VSS1 alone to think about how badly it had been behaving over the past week

6 - Return to VSS1 some wine time later (approx 30 mins for me) and hopefully lights 1,2 & 3 are all solid and light 3 is flashing intermittently to show 3G signal is available and being used, as was the case with my box. 

Following this seems to have worked for me. I did the reset procedure with the LAN cable left out for a good 15 minutes after starting up again.

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

The tests requested show the following. I can see there is a problem accessing the Suresignal server IP. Tracert shows the path from my ISP to the server is blocked at some point. Does my ISP need whitelisting?

Results:

Speed test: download 24.45Mbps, upload 1.98Mbps

Ping test:

Server = Coventry (100 miles away)
packet loss 0%
ping 97ms
jitter 35ms
http://www.pingtest.net/result/104093863.png

External IP: 92.234.234.11

Tracert output:

tracert 212.183.133.177

1 6 ms 6 ms 7 ms 10.109.240.1
2 9 ms 7 ms 7 ms pres-core-2b-xe-231-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.255.6.189]
3 14 ms 9 ms 11 ms manc-bb-2a-ae5-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.254.42.29]
4 14 ms 11 ms 15 ms brhm-bb-2a-ae1-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.254.42.49]
5 15 ms 11 ms 11 ms brhm-bb-1c-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.254.42.110]
6 16 ms 16 ms 15 ms tcl5-ic-2-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [212.250.15.210]
7 21 ms 23 ms 19 ms lndgw2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]
8 21 ms 20 ms 23 ms 85.205.0.86
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.

Hi EwenMcMillan,

Everything is fine with your traceroute and the IP address is on our whitelist.

You'll need to remove your number from your Sure Signal for 24 hours and then add it back on. This will resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Matt B

My number is the owner one. I have already transferred ownership to my wife's number and removed my number for one hour, before adding it back and re-takng ownership. I will do as you suggest and keep my number off the suresignal for 24 hours. 

Hi EwenMcmillan,

It needs to be kept off the Sure Signal for at least 24 hours.

If it’s still not attaching after 24 hours, please let us know.

Thanks,

Simon

I have done as suggested. Transferred ownership to my wife's mobile number. She then dropped my number from the VSS1 completely and left me off it for 26 hours. She re-added me, and I waited another 24 hours during which time I powered my phone off and back on a couple of times with no success. Earlier today I did the reset procedure on the VSS1 and left it for 90 minutes, then power cycled my phone. Still no connection. I can see Vodafone 3G on my available networks but I cannot register on it. My handset is set to try 4G then WCDMA then GSM in order of preference. My network search mode is automatic.

What is the next action please?

Hi EwenMcMillan, 

There was a location change on your account which had failed. I've updated this for you now. 

I've also done a resync of the Sure Signal, please do a reset to complete the process;

1. Hold in the reset button until all lights go solid
  2. Pull the power lead out with the reset button still pushed in
  3. Continue to hold down the reset button and reconnect the power lead
  4. Wait for all lights to come on and then release the reset button

Thanks, 

Kay

I have done arrest as described and powered my phone off and back on. It has not worked.  I can see a Vodafone 3g signal but cannot register on it. My phone is only able to connect to a 2g signal from a mast 1.6 miles away which gives intermittent coverage. I can get cell id if needed.

Hi EwenMcMillan,

Could you please try your wife's SIM card in your phone and let us know if it connects.

This will help us isolate the problem, down to either a SIM card or phone issue. It's also worth trying your SIM card in another phone as well.

Thanks,

Matt B