Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

suresignal 3 stopped working

bjqw
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

my sure signal suddenly stopped working on saturday after two years of service. I have tried restart, reset of the ss and reboot my router, even tried port forwarding nothing worked, all suggested by vfe support. running out of options...

here is my connection details:

1. speed test

Screen Shot 2015-06-23 at 09.54.32.png

ping test:

Screen Shot 2015-06-23 at 10.05.39.png

external IP:

Screen Shot 2015-06-23 at 10.07.29.png

traceroute result:

Screen Shot 2015-06-23 at 10.09.40.png

suresignal no: 40130432707

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi

Help link http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Troubleshooting-Please-read-before-posting/td-p/...

The unit is covered for 24 months so if the help tips and trying a new power source do not work you may have to purchase a new sure signal if it's out of the 24 months warranty.

Good luck.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@bjqw

Can you let me know what light sequence you're seeing? 

First i get à solid power light only that change to a flashing power light and a solid orange in service light after a couple minutes.

I have now tested my SS at two other locations 

1. at another BT endpoint with the same result as i get at home

2. at a location using another ISP and the SS is working fine!

Has anybody had the same issue as I with SS and BT recently? According to BT they have not issued any firmware updates recently. 

However the only conclusion i can come to is that BT must have made a change in their (local) network or the homehub that stops the SS from connecting to VFe servers. Any ideas what could be causing this problem at all, anybody?

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@bjqw

Many users here find that disabling the 'Smart Setup' feature on the router helps establish a connection.

If you're unsure how to do this, have a chat with your ISP.