Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

unregistering a suresignal

geekyninja
2: Seeker

I brought a second hand suresignal at a car boot market but am unsure how i unregister it as the seller said it was but i found out it was not when i tried to register it. What can i do as i don't have contact with the seller all i got is the sure signal in front of me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hello geekyninja

Due to data protection only the person who has the Sure Signal registered to their account can deregister the device.

This is confirmed in this previous thread which you have also asked the same question by a member of the Tech Team.

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Unregister-the-sure-signal/td-p/1087907

View solution in original position

25 REPLIES 25

AnnS

Hello geekyninja

Due to data protection only the person who has the Sure Signal registered to their account can deregister the device.

This is confirmed in this previous thread which you have also asked the same question by a member of the Tech Team.

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Unregister-the-sure-signal/td-p/1087907

You have not solved the problem as you can not tell me how to deregister this if i DO NOT HAVE ANY CONTACT with the person who sold me it. So how then do you deregister it as i technically now own it. He was selling it as he was no longer with vodafone. I even have his proof of purches

THIS IS NOT SOLVED

AnnS

You have been given your answer and the solution, as you are not the original owner of the Sure Signal who has the device already registered, there is nothing which can be done even if you have purchased the device.

Vodafone would be in breech of data protection if they accessed the previous owners information without permission and deregistered the Sure Signal.

You will have to put it down to experience of buying from a car boot sale without first making sure the Sure Signal had been deregistered before parting with your money.

how dumb are you. are you even in the UK. how when you are in a field can you check. I am sure vodafone can just take it off their systems. You guys are a joke i wont be renewing with a company who hide behind the law when the seller even pointed out to me he is no longer with vodafone. So the fact i got his mobile number from a sales recipt is not enought for vodafone to phone up and ask the person if it can be removed

AnnS

@geekyninja wrote:

how dumb are you. are you even in the UK. how when you are in a field can you check. I am sure vodafone can just take it off their systems. You guys are a joke i wont be renewing with a company who hide behind the law when the seller even pointed out to me he is no longer with vodafone. So the fact i got his mobile number from a sales recipt is not enought for vodafone to phone up and ask the person if it can be removed

I should hope I am in the UK.

Vodafone cannot phone up the owner, as has already been mentioned to you, that would be in breech of data protection and breaking the law.  The seller is not even a Vodafone customer and does not even have an account.   There is nothing which can be done.

Even if you were in a field, you should have asked whether the device was still registered.

jeffkinn

Ann - I admire yourself control!!

Geekyninja - you can be as rude as you like (we are both customers just like you and not Vodafone employees) but it won't change the fact that you have wasted your money and that Vodafone are obliged to follow the law just like you and I are.

And you are also obliged to follow the rules of this forum which include not insulting other forum members.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Hi guys,

Just stepping in to help smooth things over if I can.

geekyninja - The guys here are correct, I'm afraid. For legal reasons the only person who can request the Sure Signal be de-registered is the listed owner.

I appreciate that you would not have been able to plug in the Sure Signal to check at the point of purchase, however this would not allow us to bypass this requirement and deregister the box at your request. These rules, as with all security we carry out, are in place to ensure we adhere to our responsibilities as outlined in the Data Protection Act.

If you do have the original owner's mobile number, and you can call to ask him to contact us, then we can confirm security with him and carry this out, but without his call there is nothing we can do.

Dave

lpyhd

Hi,

I wanted to unregister my vodafone sure signal. Could someone help me please? 

Thanks,

H