Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

unregistering a suresignal

geekyninja
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I brought a second hand suresignal at a car boot market but am unsure how i unregister it as the seller said it was but i found out it was not when i tried to register it. What can i do as i don't have contact with the seller all i got is the sure signal in front of me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hello geekyninja

Due to data protection only the person who has the Sure Signal registered to their account can deregister the device.

This is confirmed in this previous thread which you have also asked the same question by a member of the Tech Team.

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Unregister-the-sure-signal/td-p/1087907

View solution in original position

25 REPLIES 25

I have left Vodafone and sold my Sure Signal. The new owner tells me that I must deregister the Sure Signal before he can re-register with his details.

Please advise how I do this.

The Serial number is 40122436187

Thanks

Simon Morgan

I also had a second Sure Signal which sold when I left Vodafone. The new owner needs the Sure Signal to be de-registered before he can re-register with his details.

Please advise how I do this.

The Serial number of this second Sure Signal is 40111119307

Thanks

Simon Morgan

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @SKMORGAN

Get in touch with our Live help team and they can get this sorted for you. :Smiling:

Thanks,

Jenny

My son has given me his Suresignal box as I have very bad signal here.

Unfortunatly he is unable to unregister it as he no longer has an account with Vodaphone.

Are you able to unregister this for me please?

AnnS

@VM1 wrote:

My son has given me his Suresignal box as I have very bad signal here.

Unfortunatly he is unable to unregister it as he no longer has an account with Vodaphone.

Are you able to unregister this for me please?

Vodafone will still be able to locate your Son's previous account.

Ask you Son to use web chat, that will be the easiest and quickest solution.

I can confirm that starting with web chat and eventually a returned phone call from the Sure Signal tech team, my 2 Sure Signals were deregistered in about 5 mins. I was actually quite impressed as I had been steeling myself for something of an ordeal which didn't occur so thumbs up to Voda on this one.