Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

unregistering sure signal box

timhenson23
2: Seeker

HI

I HAVE A VODAFONE SURE SIGNAL THAT I PURCHASED FROM A CAR BOOT,, IS IT OPOSSIBLE TO SEE IF IT IS STILL REGISTERED.. SN 40114603133

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@timhenson23 wrote:

HI

I HAVE A VODAFONE SURE SIGNAL THAT I PURCHASED FROM A CAR BOOT,, IS IT OPOSSIBLE TO SEE IF IT IS STILL REGISTERED.. SN 40114603133

If the device is still registered to the original owner who did not deregister the Sure Signal before putting it in a car boot sale,  there is nothing you can do to deregister the Sure Signal.

Due to data protection, Vodafone will be unable to give you any information.

HI, thanks for the reply, will they not even be able to tell me if it is registered?? i know i can't do anything about it if it is.. 

GojuSuzi
16: Advanced member
Why not just try registering it? If it works, yay, if not then it's pre registered. Quicker than waiting on here.

cause were not yet vodafone customers, contracts not up. wanted to find out if this was ok before we swithch back to voda, its why we left in the first place cause of 3g signal. 

Hi timhenson23,

The Sure Signal is still registered. 

You'll need to contact the original owner to get them to deregister it.

Thanks,

Matt B

timhenson23
Matt. Unfortunately this isn't an option as we got it from a car boot. Is there absolutely nothing that can be done for us....

drey_p

Hi timhenson23

If you can't get in touch with the original owner, there isn't much that can be done.  The reason for this is that, in order to deregister the device, they will need to know the account details.  Without the account details they can't access the account.  Remember that, under the Data Protection Act, Vodafone can only discuss the account with the account holder.  They can't just deregister the device at the request from someone who isn't the account holder.

PWIAC