Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

v3 new user with ongoing multiple problems after just 5 days use

unsure
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I found this forum after googling how to reset a sure signal box.

14th November purchased, set up and worked as I'd hoped for boosting the signal from sos calls only to full bar 3G. Then after a few days the problems started, and have continued on a daily basis.

[ I note a recent 'SPIKE' in activity on this forum within the same time scale as my own problems which leads me to believe the fault lies at vodafone and not with the end user?! ]

I will outline my experiences  as follows:

19th November (just 5 days use) the box stopped, signal lost and only a constant red light showing.

Called customer services who advised me to perform reset, I asked how to do this as was no mention in manual that came with device, the person I spoke had no idea how to reset other than maybe I hold the button for a while?!  (information given here seems to be hold in for 30 seconds until flashing, then unplug and replug while keeping depressed button)... this I am unable to do as no lights ever flash when resetting device. 

The device came back on around 3pm.

21st November.  The box shows the correct light configuration but no signal is getting to the handset device, I perform reset to best of my ability and eventually get a full 3G signal after an hour or so.

22nd November. Have been without any signal all day once again. The box shows flashing red light and solid amber light nearest to this. 

After many hours waiting I once again perform reset and things work as they should do within minutes.

I do not wish to spend so much time on hands and knees under my desk please !

This is not new technology, obviously from reading other posts we the end user are not at fault, it is for you to make this device work in the way that you have marketing it to us, why is this not happening?

device serial: #40133854360

9 REPLIES 9

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi unsure,

Thanks for the information you've given.

Can you also post the following information please?

Your speed test results from here.
Your ping test results from here.
Your external IP address from here.
The results of a traceroute.
Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run
Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
A black box will appear.
In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Andrew

speed test: 5.69 down .36 up

ping: 21ms

i.p. 62.49.24.58

trace route: copy command is greyed out; how do  I do copy paste? can select all but again no paste option?

serial no. already given in op.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi unsure

Ctrl + C will let your copy and ctrl + v will let you past your traceoute.

Can you try this again?

Thanks

Sukhi

sukhi

control plus c, control plus v only allows me to paste:

tracert 212.183.133.177

????

why are you no longer able to do remote access to resolve technical issues and why are we (the customer) no longer able to speak with the Cairo 2nd line technical help team?

In fact previous to coming on here I have been kept on hold to customer services while *they* speak to Cairo on my behalf... this is ridiculous procedure for a telecoms company!!!

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi unsure,

Your IP address is on our whitelist, and your ping test is fine.

Your speed test shows that your upload speed is on the minimum needed by the Sure Signal.

If you have other devices sharing the connection, they may be taking the available upload speed below that which the Sure Signal needs.

If this is the case, you’d need to speak with your ISP about increasing your speed.

There shouldn’t be an issue in speaking to our 2nd line technical support team should it be needed.

The other way of getting your traceroute to us is to grab it as a screenshot and post it here as an attachment.

Thanks,

Andrew

Thank you for following up, I am pleased report no problems with functionality of the surebox  over the last few days.

Please explain what a whitelist is?

As regards other devices sharing the connection, what do you mean?

As my handset device already connects to my home broadband/router via bluetooth (pre surebox);

do I still need to connect in this way now that I also have the handset connected to broadband (via surebox)

or does surebox only give me calls and nothing else?

To clarify; my handset already connects to router via wi fi NOT bluetooth!

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi unure,

I'm glad to see your Sure Signal is working OK now.

The IP Whitelist mentioned is basically a database of all of the approved IP ranges for UK based broadband providers. The Sure Signal is for use in the UK only and we check the IP you supply to ensure it's an approved one showing as provided here in the UK. :Smiling:

For sharing the connection, we sometimes find that customers who have several other devices connected to their Wi-Fi at any one time can see restricted bandwidth allocated to their Sure Signal by the our router. Other devices can be phones, laptops, tablets or other Wi-Fi or Ethernet enabled devices. 

You can still connect your mobile phone to your Wi-Fi if you'd rather not use the data on the Sure Signal connection but do bear in mind that having lots of devices connected to your router will effect the Wi-Fi bandwidth available for your Sure Signal. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben