Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

version 1/2/3 whats the difference?

g4jnw
4: Newbie

Am having problems (on another thread) but just in case my version 1 happens to be faulty - am waiting for vodafones test coming back

Whats the difference in performance between the ver 1/2/3 models

I realise they look different and the 3 plugs into the mains directly but thats not enough of a difference am more looking for signal reliability and power so looking for advice from existing users please.

My version 1 has performed without any problems from the day i bought it so its been reliable (up to now!!)

3 REPLIES 3

g4jnw
4: Newbie

hell it looks like am having to answer my own questions here

I have after all afternoon found out that the V3 needs a higher upload and download speed than i have but not sure about V2

I am a bit confused, still waiting for vodafone to check my version 1 and have supplied all info, just need to know if its faulty or if its blocked but thats on my other thread.

What im confused with is the version 3 speed/bandwith requirements and then an answer as below - this is just in case i have to buy another --

here was the reply to another user who said that adsl would not take the required speed -------------

I've had it confirmed that each voice call requires the same bandwidth regardless of which Sure Signal version you have. 

You can use the Version 3 with a 1Mbps connection however, if you are using all eight lines simultaneously then you may experience dropped calls or low quality. Up to 4 calls (which is the maximum on a V1 & V2) will be fine.

Thanks, 

Kay

Having posted 2 threads and the only answer was to provide the info (it was a cut and paste question!)

Which i provided, i asked 2 simple questions which were 1) was my sure signal blocked and 2) was my sure signal faulty. Neither were answered.

I did also email in to vodafone only to be told this is not my department please ring a number from your mobile - doooh - i have no signal!!!! or another number which isn't free.

I am starting to look at other providers now but all are borderline in my area of Cumbria, can anyone tell me if there are other similar products to sure signal from other providers.