Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

vodafone sure signal

Hiratio
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello does anyone know if sure signal will work only with Vodafone or will it create 3g network for any operator,?can it be reflashed to do this ?many many thanks in advance Andy T

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)

It will only work with the Vodafone Network, and only the main VF network, not any sub-companies using VF as a carrier.

They are sealed units and cannot be reflashed, as they connect back to the VF infrastructure.

Other networks offer similar devices, again only working with their sim cards.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

grolschuk

It will only work with the Vodafone Network, and only the main VF network, not any sub-companies using VF as a carrier.

They are sealed units and cannot be reflashed, as they connect back to the VF infrastructure.

Other networks offer similar devices, again only working with their sim cards.

do you happen to know if this will work it's on eBay it reads 2g3g4g lte wifi Bluetooth antenna signal internet signal booster,£62 from Russian Federation?many thanks Andy T

grolschuk

What is it you are trying to achieve?

Depending on that, there are 2 different technologies in play.

The first, which is how the suresignal and similar work, are locked to individual networks, as they use your internet connection to provice a direct link back to the mobile voice network.

The 3G produced is a new mobile cell, and can be used in areas with 0 coverage as a new signal is generated.

The other more Generic solution would be a repeater/booster, which takes whatever weak signals it can find from any network it is configured for (determined by frequency band used), and boosts it at your location.

I just did a quick google for Mobile Signal Booster, and a UK company comes up as the 1st non "advert" result.

However if you have no signal to boost, it won't work.

I'm not sure how i'd feel getting a device from abroad, as each country and network uses different frequencies, so the kit may not work in the UK.