Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

without VSS (v1?) signal for 24 hrs - have now cancelled my Direct Debit

keeleypb
4: Newbie

I have been without Vodafone Sure Signal for 24 hours!   Lights 1,2 + 4 are on properly, but NO SIGNAL to my phone.

I have tried resetting the VSS box numerous times - tried numerous soft resets on my phone (and changed my sim to my old phone) - reset my router - had a 51 minute conversation with someone on Livechat this morning - posted on another person's post with same issue, requesting that someone from Vodafone team might try re-syncing my VSS box - and am still without signal (and reply from forum team)

On looking at my sure signal in my account (and from talking to that person on live chat) - there are 2 numbers currently showing as registered to Sure Signal - though these are my father's and daughter's number - both of whom live miles away so I cannot test if they are working.  When I try re-adding my own number - which should be on there as owner - I get as error message saying it's already registered, but is not showing up in my user list!

My signal was fine yesterday and all of a sudden, for no reason, it just stopped working - BUT like i said, 3 out of my 4 lights are on properly.

I told the person I was talking to on Livechat (at around 10.30am) that if I still had no signal by 12pm that I would cancel my DIrect Debit, which I have done - he just told me to try another soft reset an hour later and it should then work fine - but after yet more soft resets obviously STILL NO SIGNAL!

I have had trouble with vss before, it was off for about 2 days then, BUT that time number 2 light was just continually flashing - this time I should be connected - NOT HAPPY!

4 REPLIES 4

keeleypb
4: Newbie

got to say, I just LOVE being IGNORED by VODAFONE nearly as much as being without any signal for more than a day!

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
You need to reinstate your direct debit right away as the only person who will suffer is you. A lack of signal be it from a Sure Signal or the network itself does not give you the right to cancel your contract or stop paying. That all result in a late payment charge, a late payment and potential default on your credit history that will wreck for credit rating for years and debt collectors. Also this is not an instant response forum and the tech team will get to you soon.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

finally came back on by itself after around 40 hours down, I'm sure I'll have to report same problem again in future though

Hi keeleypb,

That’s great news, thanks for the update.

If you so run into any issues with your Sure Signal in the future, don’t forget to check out our Troubleshooting thread.

This covers most of the basics and will, in the most part, point you to post in a specific thread.

Thanks

Andrew