Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Accessing 'My Account' on Windows Phone 10

paulianharman
3: Seeker

Just tried to access 'My Account' from my Windows Phone 10 device.

The web site said that it didn't support my device, and suggested I download the app - and sent me to the Google Play store. My device isn't Android, it's Windows 10.

Seems there's no way for me to manage my account through my mobile device. It's not surprising that there is no native Windows Phone app, but I don't understand why the website refuses to work.

18 REPLIES 18

Have you tried reading the post you are replying to? what kind of advice is this? Of course we haven't tried using the google app THIS DISCCUSION IS ABOUT WINDOWS 10 NOT ANDROID.

The failure of the vodafone website to operate on windows 10 devices is a MASSIVE bug, and one that is easily fixed. it shouldn't take your web team more than an hour.

I can access My Vodafone from a windows 10 tablet and PC, but not a phone. this makes no sense since it is the exact same application running on all of the systems. the website does NOT respect the browsers selection of mobile or desktop views, and only presents the mobile edition (pointless on devices which can support the full site), with errors that the browser is not supported.

has anyone from vodafone even tried this? pick up a windows phone and see for yourself. Note down the error message and send a message to your website development/tech support team. They will fix the problem within a few hours. at most this should take no more than 24 hours or at most a few days. you have more than enough information in the posts detailed here to fix the problem. It should be noted that the website logs should already have indicated the error anyway.

I will try again to acess the site on Friday. and I expect it to be accessible from my device.

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Prepare to be disappointed. Nothing will change between now and Friday and probably never.

Windows Phones will soon be a thing of the past. Sales are collapsing and Vodafone has a clear policy of not investing in phones that have a tiny and falling market share.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

63johnw
Hi. Been looking on my lumia 930 with windows 10 on it.

Opened edge browser and went to Vodafone home page.

Went to settings and changed website preference to desktop version.

When message appeared to say unable to support device then scrolled to bottom of page and selected visit our full website.

Then on main page hit the menu icon in the top right corner and selected my Vodafone.

Then went through normal login and got access, hope this helps.

63johnw

@paulianharman did this work for you? have you managed to get access on your phone?

paulianharman
@Louise_E the Google app doesn't help. It just opens the page in the Edge browser

paulianharman
@63johnw no. Going to the 'full site' works briefly, and the site has a responsive design which works fine in the Edge briwser on my Windows Phone 10 device. But after a bit of browsing around, and in particular when I click to log in, the site redirects me to m.vodafone.co.uk and thence to the 'not supported' page.

I worked for many years in web development. Clearly something on the site is not correctly handling the 'user agent' being declared by the Edge browser

Hi @paulianharman

We will get this fed back and looked into.

Thanks,

Sarah 

63johnw

@paulianharman wrote:
@63johnw no. Going to the 'full site' works briefly, and the site has a responsive design which works fine in the Edge briwser on my Windows Phone 10 device. But after a bit of browsing around, and in particular when I click to log in, the site redirects me to m.vodafone.co.uk and thence to the 'not supported' page.

I worked for many years in web development. Clearly something on the site is not correctly handling the 'user agent' being declared by the Edge browser

Hi Paul, have you ensured request desktop site is ticked in the settings of edge?

I managed to log in fine, I was using a 930 on windows 10, not that i think the device should matter. I was sent verification code and logged in no problem?

brandscill
4: Newbie
It's almost painful to watch. Guy has said browser almost 8 times now and keeps being told the app is not supported.

All he wants to do is visit the mobile my Vodafone website in Microsoft Edge. If it works in Chrome it's going to work in Edge. I spoofed the user agent in Desktop Edge just now to look like it was Mobile Chrome and everything worked fine. As Paul has said the website is looking at the user agent, not recognising it or explicitly blocking it.