Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lumia 620 Mobile Internet Connected but Cant Browse

R2000
2: Seeker

Hi there, ive got a Nokia Lumia 620 and 50GB of Data as a new customer.

Received the txt to change my APN Settings issued by Vodafone PayAsYouGo.

APN Settings are perfect, Data Roaming enabled, Data Enabled. Network shows Data Activity and H+

Go to browse the web and nothing shows, cant open the APP Store as it says no Internet available.

Ive hard reset the phone....for no reason as ive found out after doing it.

So, i have connectivity, but no connectivity.

When i connect to my router at home, perfect connectivity, just seems to be Vodafone Mobile Internet im having an issue with.

Can anyone help with this issue?  Ive run out of ideas.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @R2000

Process of elimination: Can you try you're Sim card in another phone to rule out either the Sim or Account or Phone which may be at fault. 

Does this happen no matter where you are. ie it's not a local mast issue. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @R2000

I would think there are two most likely reasons for you being unable to connect to the internet.  Although you already have, the first thing to look at are your settings.  These need to be on PAYG, pre paid.  Try following the link below to have the setting sent to your phone again.

How do I set up my phone for internet and picture messaging?

The following may also be helpful.

I cannot connect to the internet using a mobile data connection on my Lumia phone

It may just be that you are in an area where reception is poor.  Try in an alternative area and see if it makes a difference.  You could also put your postcode in the Coverage Checker link at the bottom of the page.  This will give an indication of signal in your area and whether there are any known issues.

BandOfBrothers

Please also look in your Myvodafone to ensure no data bars are activated on your account. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

R2000

Its not a mast issue, otherwise connectivity would not be established, plus other friends that are in my current location are Vodafone and they have perfect connectivity.  My connection has maximum bars, if data was not present I would not have the H+ Symbol either.

The phone is running Win Mobile 8.1 - Going to see if the Windows 10 upgrade is available later.

I will try the SIM in another phone later to rule out the possiblity of the Lumia having issues.