Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lumia 650 Dimming Screen

mw-vf
2: Seeker

I wonder whether there's a fault on my phone as it keeps dimming down quite dark?

Only had the phone a couple of months & have used it on Vodafone PAYG) but as I purchased it off Ebay (was new so assume an unwanted upgrade) I'm assuming there's no warranty from Vodafone (phone locked to Vodafone when I got it) ?

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

The warranty follows the phone so it would have a 24 month warranty. This wouldn't cover issues by a drop or water damage. 

First please check in its settings to ensure no timeout style setting is causing the dimming. 

If not then try backing up and resetting. 

If a Hard Reset does not help them pop into a Vodafone Highstreet store and they'll be able to take a look and arrange to send it off if required. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @mw-vf

The warranty for the phone would be with the original and first owner of the phone who has the proof of purchase and receipt in their name.  If there is a fault with the phone, you would be unable to get a warranty repair and any repair would be chargeable.

It may be worth checking the automatic brighness censor, if it is ticked, untick it and tick again, it may help.

If there is still a problem with the phone, it will mean having to take the phone into a Vodafone store or contact Microsoft for advise.  

BandOfBrothers

@mw-vf

Do you have any screen shield or case on the phone which maybe affecting it. 

Current Phone  >

mw-vf

Thanks for the ideas.

Just one thing I wonder about is on a dark day with no indoor lighting the lighting sensor is showing a LUX value of 6 which causes the phone to dim right down but if I turn lighting on LUX will climb to about 45 & the screen is well lit. Do these values sound right? only I'm thinking if not there may be a problem with the sensor.

Retired-KaylG
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mw-vf

If you follow this link here to Live Chat , we can look into this for you and get it resolved. 

Kayleigh

@ Kayleigh_G - Thanks for trying to help. Unfortunately the chat link you gave me just returns the below error.

I also tried regular support chat and they told me to call 191 but there's no option for tech support on there for PAYG customers. Just pre-recorded settings.

An Unexpected Error has occurred.
  • Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 3D5F7E68.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

BandOfBrothers

@mw-vf

Please try the Live Chat engagement window in my signature below. 

Current Phone  >

Hello

The link may have expired due to the time frame. Here is the updated link - Live Chat

Please let us know how you get on.

Louise