Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lumia 930 WiFi issue in version 8.1 and 10 of Microsoft phone software

infinidim
4: Newbie

There is an issue with the Lumia 930 phone with the "Denim" firmware installed. What happens sometimes is that you can see the router but when you try and connect to the SSID it fails. Once the phone has been restarted then it works perfectly until the next time - it is random.

This happens under 8.1 and 10 official releases by Microsoft and Vodafone, does anybody else have this issue?

Regards

Infinidim

Infinidim
16 REPLIES 16

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @infinidim

Sometimes when a phone is glitching it can help to perform a factory reset after backing up the information stored in the phones storage memory. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

infinidim
I have done a factory reset and it didn't fi it. My wife has the same phone with the same issue
Infinidim

BandOfBrothers

OK.

You may need to possibly wait for a software update.

Edit : Just thinking @infinidim is it worth refreshing the wireless channel and or change it.

Some Home Broadband Routers allow the split of frequencies to 2.4ghz and 5.ghz

Can you connect to various shops wifi ok ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

infinidim
I have also split the channels as well as changing them as well to no avail.

Not good, I still think that this is a "denim" firmware issue because before "denim" it worked well.
Infinidim

infinidim
I have had cumulative updates to Windows 10 now and none of them have fixed the issue on either of our phones.

This is certainly an issue with the "denim" firmware and how it interacts with the operating system - Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 phone.

I also have a case open with Microsoft for both mine and my wife's Lumia 930 and have carried out lots of diagnostics with Microsoft as well. Microsoft will not be closing the case.

I now believe it is a " fitness for purpose" issue under the UK Sale of Goods act which needs to be addressed by both the retailer - Vodafone and the manufacturer - Microsoft.

This must be addressed Vodafone.

Regards.

Infinidim
Infinidim

Hi @infinidim

I would recommend you speak to the Live Chat team here or call the technical team on 0333 304 0191 and they will get this looked into for you.

Let us know how you get on with this.

Khizar

infinidim
Khizar_M, will contact them on Monday.

Regards

Infinidim
Infinidim

Khizar_M,

I contacted them today and they asked me to do some diagnostic which I did. I then explained all the work that I have done with Microsoft Mobile Support and basically they they can't help me fix the issue. They offerred me a "Buy Back" option as well as an upgrade option but they can't fix the issue that I have with the Lumia 930.

I really feel that Vodafone has completely let me down in their support of both me and the Lumia community. I get the general impression that they don't want us as customers anymore.

Regards

Infinidim

Infinidim

Khizar_M,

I have now been into a Vodafone store and discussed this issue with them. The person that I talked too was aware of this issue and agreed that it was not a hardware issue but either a firmware or operating system issue. The person also belived that this issue started with the release of the "denim" firmware.

I have now had it added to my customer service record that I have this issue and will be trying to escalate this via calling customer services from my mobile phone.

If anybody else has a similiar issue then I would suggest that you open a case with Microsoft Mobile Support as well as get that you have this issue added to your customer service record for your phone.

Regards

Infinidim

Infinidim