Welcome to Vodafone Community
There is an issue with the Lumia 930 phone with the "Denim" firmware installed. What happens sometimes is that you can see the router but when you try and connect to the SSID it fails. Once the phone has been restarted then it works perfectly until the next time - it is random.
This happens under 8.1 and 10 official releases by Microsoft and Vodafone, does anybody else have this issue?
Sometimes when a phone is glitching it can help to perform a factory reset after backing up the information stored in the phones storage memory.
You may need to possibly wait for a software update.
Edit : Just thinking @infinidim is it worth refreshing the wireless channel and or change it.
Some Home Broadband Routers allow the split of frequencies to 2.4ghz and 5.ghz
Can you connect to various shops wifi ok ?
I contacted them today and they asked me to do some diagnostic which I did. I then explained all the work that I have done with Microsoft Mobile Support and basically they they can't help me fix the issue. They offerred me a "Buy Back" option as well as an upgrade option but they can't fix the issue that I have with the Lumia 930.
I really feel that Vodafone has completely let me down in their support of both me and the Lumia community. I get the general impression that they don't want us as customers anymore.
I have now been into a Vodafone store and discussed this issue with them. The person that I talked too was aware of this issue and agreed that it was not a hardware issue but either a firmware or operating system issue. The person also belived that this issue started with the release of the "denim" firmware.
I have now had it added to my customer service record that I have this issue and will be trying to escalate this via calling customer services from my mobile phone.
If anybody else has a similiar issue then I would suggest that you open a case with Microsoft Mobile Support as well as get that you have this issue added to your customer service record for your phone.
Sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues.
Have you heard back from Microsoft? They would be the best people to look into this issue for you.
Please let me know how you get on.
I downloaded the anniversary update about 30 hours ago when it first came out. It is now on both mine and my wife's Lumia 930's. We are keeping an eye on the issue with both phones curerently.
What we have found is that the battery usage is worse than the previous version but most things are quite stable. We have also found a scaling issue with Edge - the website worked perfectly before on Windows !0 Mobile TH2 and also works great on Edge on PC's (Windows 10 RS1) but now on the anniversary update it is completely broken.
I will report back here on how things are going with Windows 10 Mobile RS1 every so often.
I think I just had the issue again with the anniversary update. I am sitting next to an access point in our house, try to connect to it and it won't connect. Try to connect to another access point in the house ( it's on three floors and we have three access points ) and it connects straight away.
Power down phone and start it up again and it connects straight away to the access point next to me. Not good for Microsoft and Vodafone