Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lumia 930

Widdy1961
8: Helper

Got a Lumia 930 on Contract, not quite 1 year old and last week the earphone packed up, I could use loudspeaker to hear the calls but the Microphone did not work (external one).

Took it to Voda shop and they sent it for repair, lending me a steam powered Samsung thing, with no wi-fi, internet or screen I could see......anyhow, got my phone back today, a brand spanking new one........made my first call and guess what, the [Removed in line with House Rules] Microphone don't work, they couldn't hear me, works OK on Loudspeaker though.

Shop is closed now, so off I go again tomorrow but, I will refuse to have another Nokia/Microsoft Lumia, they are the biggest pile of crap ever.

13 REPLIES 13

Widdy1961
Fingers crossed then 😃

I had the 820 originally, and after 10 phones got an upgrade to the 920 by vodafone.

That worked fine until the 8.1 update, which really messed with the phone. It over heated so much, that the case buckled and cracked.

I upgraded to the 930 which ran fine for 8 months, not a problem and was really pleased with it. August last year it started dropping calls and text never got recieved. Network signal was hit and miss.

Sent it to nokia/microsoft repair twice, and was told it was fine. Have been calling vodafone every 2-3 weeks since and have 2 new sims, and done various setting changes and i still have the same problem.

The last vodafone person I talked to said that my sim was still not registering with the network, and it had to be a phone fault, so reluctantly today I have sent it for repair.

Lets see what happens when I get it back, as Nokia said it was ok twice back in september

An employee of mine was having simular network problems, and has just switched to EE and has a stable network now

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi Martin,

Have you updated your Lumia 930 to Windows 10 yet?

My 930 from Vodafone is working perfectly with the New OS, no signal problems where I am.

Have you checked for Network issues in your area?

Hopefully it will get fixed...?

TSD.

Hi,

Yes i updated to windows 10 about 8 weeks ago to try and solve the problem, but its still as bad.

Its not just my area that i get the problem in, its all over, and the best reception I can ever get is 2g as i am in the scottish highlands

It appears to affect others as well, but not to the extent that i have been experiencing.

Vodafone did say that the sim card was not registering with their network properly, but after 2 new sims, i think its just one of those things.

we will see when it gets back from repair if they find a fault, and if it remains the same