Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Windows

My Vodafone App - Workaround

17: Community Champion

The My Vodafone App is still M.I.A. so here is a simple workaround that gives you all the main information you want from the App.

Windows Phone has this great feature that let's you Pin Applications and Web Pages to the Start Screen. It's this "Pinning" feature that we are going to exploit.

1. Open the Internet Explorer App on your Windows Phone.
  2. Point the Browser to www.vodafone.co.uk/my-vodafone
  3. Press the 3 dots on the bottom right of the screen

wp_ss_20150216_0001.png

4. Click on Settings - Then tap on Website Preferences...

wp_ss_20150216_0003.png

5. Choose "Desktop Version". This will automatically open the My Account page in FULL version with access to all the account features. Currently the mobile platform doesn't give all features to all devices so this is a fantastic workaround!

6. Next tap on the 3 dots again and choose Pin to Start screen.

You now have a "My Vodafone App"

wp_ss_20150214_0002a.jpg

Wink.gif

View more options
18 REPLIES
Thanks TSD. Good workaround for my 930. 😊
View more options

Funnily enough, this now seems to have switched to mobile view once I have logged in the next time.

wp_ss_20150217_0002.jpg

View more options
Scroll to the bottom of the web page and select "Full Site".

I think its an issue with the website detecting you are using a mobile device so auto switching you to mobile.

After doing the full site thing, pin to start screen again, hopefully that should make it stick...?

😉
View more options
Also when on the web page, tap on the 3dots (bottom right) tap on settings and check to see what "Data Sense" is set to? If its auto or high the browser will convert to the most data saving option (mobile).
View more options
Tried all that but still mobile view, not that I am bothered by that, it works and can access my account.
View more options
Changed data sense to off and full page came in.

Thanks again TSD 😉
View more options
3: Seeker Silver

hahaha it looks like vodaphone users are destined to do this forever lol im so jelly of ee users they actually have a ee app.

View more options

The EE app isn't all that TBH

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own

View more options
3: Seeker Silver
Hi @thesoupdragon I followed your guide (plus the additional part regarding data sense), but still end up on the mobile site!

Have you any thoughts on why this is happening? I'm on Lumia 925 although I don't suppose that should make a difference.

Many thanks in advance.
View more options
11: Established

Looks like Vodafone have decided Windows Phone Users don't need the info, all I get is "My Vodafone is not available on windows phone, you can log into My Vodafone via a PC or LapTop"

Great Stuff Voda, putting Customers first as always.

View more options

How can I get my usge info when using Windows Phone?

Windows App does not exist and the workaround posted does not work anymore.

View more options
View more options

Yes that workaround is the one I cannot get to work.

To be honest, if there has been no app by now, I don't ever see one materializing.

View more options
Same happened with the O2 Network and the myO2,App and Windows Phones.

Eventually they did release an App

Think positive 😎

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options
I'm usually positive lol
I suppose I can manage without it but, it would be a nice option.
View more options
Totally agree.

My partner got along without the myo2 App on her Lumia 520 but now she uses it regularly to check things.

Come on Vodaphone support our Windows Users a little more. 😇

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options
The only 2 networks that have a constant good signal at my home are, Voda and 3 therefore I am tied a little.

I do use o2 (well giffgaff) on a Nokia 920 but only when I'm out and want to call my friend in the USA

Actually 3 are buying up o2, so giffgaff may become 3
View more options
Highlighted
Hi

Yes I agree it makes sense to use a Network that provides good strong signal and decent data speeds.

The owners of the Three Network - Hutchison Whampoa have tabled a buying deal for O2-UK but that's if it's rubber stamped by the various external bodies that ensure all is legal and fair ,which is reported to take up to a year ?

GiffGaff is a MVNO Network so it'll be interesting to see what happens to them and Tesco ,and Sky who are reported to be potentially joining onto O2 as a MVNO too in 2016 !

In the meantime I hope you get access to the App. 😎

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options