cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia Lumia 520 unable to send or receive picture messages.

garryeg
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I've a new Nokia Lumia 520 (payg)  phone which works well except that I can't send or recieve picture messages. I've text 'web' to the number given and have had the message saying new settings have been applied but it still doesn't work, I've checked my online account and removed the bars to picture messages. I went to the local Vodafone store who were no help - they told me to contact customer services, I did that but couldn't get any sense out of them either - anyone got any suggestions please - Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Problem solved - I actually managed to speak to somebody at Vodafone who appeared to know what they were talking about. They talked me through entering the correct settings - and it worked !

View solution in original position

17 REPLIES 17

hrym
17: Community Champion

It's probable that MMS needs to be provisioned on your account.  Please hang on for a mod (there'll be one along in due course) as they'll be able to progress this for you.

There have been a few instances of MMS being set up and still not working, but let's try the simple solution first.

Anyone ????

hrym

@garryeg wrote:

Anyone ????

Please see suggestion above.  The mods can be very busy, but they'll get to you eventually.

Problem solved - I actually managed to speak to somebody at Vodafone who appeared to know what they were talking about. They talked me through entering the correct settings - and it worked !

Can you tell me how you fixed this.  I have the same problem although I can currently send picture messages but not open them when received.  I frequently cannot send them either.  I have contacted Vodafone numerous times and have been sent a new SIM card, I have been into the store twice and used the online chat and still the problem persists.  Vodafone told me yesterday it was not their problem and to contact Nokia - great customer service.

On my phone I had to go to: Settings - mobile network  - set data connection to 'on'. Then to Settings - access point - then select Vodafone UK PAYG and enter:

Under Internet APN:

Access point name: pp.vodafone.co.uk

Username: wap, Password: wap

Under MMS APN:

same as above plus:

Proxy address: 212.183.137.12

Proxy port: 8799

MMsc address: http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Was hoping this would work...but alass it didnt, have reset the phone nokia520 tried it again, still no go...any more ideas.... got the phone for xmas.... and still cant send and get a web address to view pictures sent to me.

regards...

I have  contacted vodafone by phone. They said that settings are fine. Still not working. Contacted live person who said settings are fine. Still not working. I have had problems with topping up online, and on phone as keep getting stupid message come up "sorry seems to be a problem, techs are working hard on it. Try later". Also I have purchased a freedom freebie the last two months and have not received my reward code to claim rewards. Starting to get really fed up with vodafone, thinking of complaining to Ombudsman.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi easyjetrider

Did you manage to get this resolved? If not please get in touch with us here.

JulieRead - Please do the same here and we'll take a closer look at your account. 

Thanks

Sukhi