Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Retrieving Old Emails on Webmail Server

stefangrant
1: Seeker

Hi All,

Last week, I was setting up Outlook on my computer and was trying to get my Vodafone Webmail (Ihug) emails onto my Outlook so I could use this to send and recieve emails.

The problem is that I did not click the box to leave a copy of the emails on the server and whilst the downloading on Outlook was taking place I seem to have lost about 1 year worth of emails.

Does anyone know how I would be able to look at retreiving these emails back either on webmail itself or outlook?

I have tried to re-download the messages but they are already missing from my webmail login and the inbox was empty.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

This forum is for UK users only and I assume you are in NZ. So no one here will be able to give you any specific advice.

But surely the ermails are still on Outlook even if they are no longer on the server?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Once you delete email from the Outlook servers they are gone.

Email you have downloaded are stored locally on your computer so if that file has not been deleted you may still be able to retrieve them.

The folders are located as follows:

Windows 8

drive:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

or

drive:\Users\<username>\Roaming\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

Windows 7 / Windows Vista

drive:\Users\<username>\Documents\Outlook Files

Windows XP

drive:\Users\<username>\My Documents\Outlook Files

If you had created data files on your computer in previous versions of Outlook, they'll be stored in the following default locations, depending on your operating system:

Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista

drive:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

Windows XP

drive:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

It is always worth considering a remote email backup service where emails are not deleted, I use

www.dropmyemail.com and for a few £'s a year it is worth it for peace of mind. I have around 34,000 emails stored there for 5 email addesses and they can be re-downloaded at the click of a button either indiviually of by folder.