Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

So much for a repair

martinhutch
4: Newbie

Just got my phone back from repair today.

not only have they 'supposed' to have fixed the network issue i was having, but they have added a little surprise for me.

I have now got a phone that still has network issues, but all the main features of the phone wont work, such as the phone app, messaging app, email app.

Please see the attached file for a picture of my screen

I have been without the use of my phone for 5 weeks now. I have been suffering network issues since August last year, have my phone back to nokia repair last september twice, and have had 2 new sim cards

I have been promised refunds on my contract, which have never happened, and while my phone was in repair, i was told i could cancel my contract without penalty when i got it back. but why should i when it still wont work.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @martinhutch

If this was my phone I'd first check the sim in seated properly with no foreign debris in the SIM card slot and I'd try my sim  in another phone to check that's ok (I understand you've sim swapped twice) ,and also check it's not my local masts at issue (assuming this isn't happening everywhere)

If my sim works ok in another phone then create a back up and perform a factory reset. 

If that didn't work then I'd approach the manufacturer  if still under warranty as they know their software and hardware better than a Networks Repair Centre (in my opinion) They can be contacted by their uk online support site. 

Or or go back to Nokia with the screen shots and follow their process again to send it off. 

Depending on eligability and if a phone is available Vodafone offer loan phones while the customers is sent away. 

As the phone isn't part of the Contract I'm not sure why you'd be advised you could "cancel the contract" without an Early Termination Fed ,which wouldn't normally be the case. Loss of use shouldn't be the case as a person can use the SIM card in another phone to continue to make use of their allowances. 

I can understand a goodwill gesture in some circumstances. 

Please speak to Live Chat or customer service on 191 as any agreed credit should be highlighted on your notes. 

A person can also write to Customer service via the correspondence address at the foot of the forum page sending as recorded delivery. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Deathse89
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, quick question, was your phone on windows 10 when you sent it away?

The icons shown are exactly what I saw when restoring a backup of my L930 (which was on windows 10 developer preview at the time of backing up)  onto the phone after recovering it to windows 8.1 with the phone recovery tool on my laptop.

If it was on windows 10 then it looks like they've 'repaired' it by flashing it back to windows 8.1. Putting it back to W10 should restore the functionality, though you should still be able to call, text, etc using the w8.1 versions of the apps which will be in the app list if you can't upgrade right now.

I had to rebuild my entire start screen after each time trying the insider preview because the W10 apps are separate from the W8.1 apps that are replaced when you update, but when you restore a backup the reverse swapping doesn't happen.

Hope this is somewhat useful!

Retired-KaylG
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi martinhutch

If you follow this link to our Live Chat team here, we can discuss this further with you and get this resolved. 

Kayleigh