Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Text messages wont send but can still make phone calls

hanna101
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I have has my Nokia Lumia for a while now but yesterday it started not to send my messages, I can make phone calls though! I have reset my phone but my messages still wont send... What can I do?
1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Is the phone giving you any kind of error message or error symbol. 

Please try removing the SIM card and wipe it, re insert and power back up and try again. 

Are you on a Contract or Payg ?

Try checking your Myvodafone app and or Myvodafone online to check your allowances. 

If on Payg and you've used up your allowances you'll need some credit on the account to continue to send texts.

Ensure your not adding things which would make the text convert to a mms which are chargeable and require a Mobile Data Connection such as 3G.

i.e. Sending long texts , adding non standard emoticons for example convert normal texts to mms. 

Is this sending texts to everyone or a particular contact. If a particular contact check any text blocking facility in the phone. If the phone does not have this feature or is not added to the feature then try deleting the contact and re enter it.

As a process of elimination can you try your sim in another phone. 

If everything looks ok then please contact Vodafone Customer Services on 191 or Live Chat to have your account checked. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.