Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Wallet NFC App

NickBloodworth
2: Seeker

Hi,

I'd like to start using the Wallet app, but can't find any information on its use.

Is it available yet in the UK (I have a Nokia 930)?

How do I add debit cards to my Wallet account?

Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

redpages
17: Community Champion

Hi. There's currently a SmartPass option available.

The following link talks about compatibility, set up and available handsets

Vodafone SmartPass

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

View solution in original position

27 REPLIES 27

steverobb123
Agree I am not interested in putting stickers on the back of what is an NFC handset. Absolute nonsense and totally insecure as you say. With the phone you can switch off and also add security. I don't get these solutions you might as well put your contactless card in the back of your phone case! Not worth launching unless you are doing it properly.

steverobb123
Vodafone can you please send me an NFC sim for my NFC Galaxy Note 3 handset?

steverobb123
Ok I'll ask Visa about the Note 3 I work with them anyway.

steverobb123
Totally agree.

steverobb123
I'm going to a Visa meeting on Cloud Payments, HCE and Apple Pay on Wed so I'll raise the point on the certification. Seems crazy.

hrym

@steverobb123 wrote:
I'm going to a Visa meeting on Cloud Payments, HCE and Apple Pay on Wed so I'll raise the point on the certification. Seems crazy.

It would be really helpful to get some feedback from that.   Getting anyone to talk about security is always an uphill struggle, for obvious reasons.   I can see why the banks wouldn't want a massive security loophole, though.  Not only would is be expensive, but it would be truly awful PR for an emerging technology.

Once this all matures, it'll be straightforward (I hope!)

63johnw
Hi, there have been a few devices added, S6 etc, not a lot more mind I grant you.

Windows phones ?? Not sure if that will ever happen, there is no my Vodafone app for them due to the low level of windows phone users so I am not sure they will put the work/effort into getting this onto windows phones, an error in my opinion if they don't.

There is a workaround - you just need to activate the NFC SmartPass on the android handset (im sure your friend has it). And then you just pop your NFC sim to the Windows handset. Just make sure you dont check on android that you don't want a code authorization in the app. Link your debit card and set auto top up and you are all sorted. That's how I paid for my Starbucks coffee this morning.

It is a pain, but if you want to pay contactless and can't be bothered with a sticker - that's the solution.