Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

When a CEO cannot be bothered to reply to you is it time to leave vodafone

zubo01
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

There was a time when the CEOs executive team would take ownership of a problem and get a solution for you... shame but all that looks as if its gone and the new CEO is all talk and no action...

here are two emails I sent... judge for yourselves and tell me if it is time to leave... constructive comments only please...

Dear Mr Hoencamp

I emailed you several days ago. Either the assistant who deals with your email has deleted my email before you read it or you are quite content in losing customers like me who have been with Vodafone a long time but now are no longer important and can join one of your competitors.

I intend to post details of these emails on any Vodafone sites I can find to share my concerns with other Vodafone customers… the lack of an acknowledgement is a strange response to a man who publicly states that his business is all about his customers.

Talk is cheap action speaks volumes… all I hear is silence.

Kind Regards

12 November 2015 10:33 To: [Removed in line with Community House Rules] Subject: Help please with poor response to sales request

Mr Hoencamp

I read an article where you rightly describe that the customer experience should be central to your business.

I have had an experience with Vodafone recently which falls far short of the standards you aspire to and I would like to think that your executive team can correct that.

My eco system of choice is Windows and whilst all has not been good with their products very slowly they are turning that around.

I have been plagued by emails from Microsoft to preorder their new Lumia 950XL but I have been with Vodafone for a very long time and see no reason to move to another provider.

There however is a problem: I contacted your upgrade team and not only are they unable to do a deal for me, the phone is nowhere on the Vodafone prospective phones.

I find this appalling. The phones have been well advertised by Microsoft and competitors of yours are queuing up to supply, yet you seem content to let your customers down and allow them to move to other providers.

Surely this cannot be right?

I simply want a good deal on the phone from Vodafone – is this too much to ask for?  

12 REPLIES 12

SynthFG I worked in retail for nearly twenty years and I do understand the stocking policies and choices made. MS whilst currently being a minor mobile manufacturer would never be 'dropped' by any distributor particularly when they are about to launch seemingly exciting product: so your comment is irrelevent.

You and many others have completely missed the point: my biggest complaint is the complete lack still to this day of any form of a reply. Regardless of who I am, this is completely unacceptable.

Incidentally the upgrades team guy, who was trying to be helpful, did suggest that I go get the phone from elsewhere and switch to a PAYG plan with Vodafone...

I will probably not bother getting any phone, and I will leave Vodafone.

Yep - people have missed the point. Voda announced they would stock it ages ago and advertised it and have since gone quiet.... so it's nothing to do with wanting a phone they didn't plan to have

I find it unreasonable that just because you want a certain model of phone that you expect that Vodafone should stock it.

Thanks for your comments... however this isnt ANY phone.. it is a major manufacturer and if it were my business I would at least say it was coming... so its not unreasonable..