Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

When a CEO cannot be bothered to reply to you is it time to leave vodafone

zubo01
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

There was a time when the CEOs executive team would take ownership of a problem and get a solution for you... shame but all that looks as if its gone and the new CEO is all talk and no action...

here are two emails I sent... judge for yourselves and tell me if it is time to leave... constructive comments only please...

Dear Mr Hoencamp

I emailed you several days ago. Either the assistant who deals with your email has deleted my email before you read it or you are quite content in losing customers like me who have been with Vodafone a long time but now are no longer important and can join one of your competitors.

I intend to post details of these emails on any Vodafone sites I can find to share my concerns with other Vodafone customers… the lack of an acknowledgement is a strange response to a man who publicly states that his business is all about his customers.

Talk is cheap action speaks volumes… all I hear is silence.

Kind Regards

12 November 2015 10:33 To: [Removed in line with Community House Rules] Subject: Help please with poor response to sales request

Mr Hoencamp

I read an article where you rightly describe that the customer experience should be central to your business.

I have had an experience with Vodafone recently which falls far short of the standards you aspire to and I would like to think that your executive team can correct that.

My eco system of choice is Windows and whilst all has not been good with their products very slowly they are turning that around.

I have been plagued by emails from Microsoft to preorder their new Lumia 950XL but I have been with Vodafone for a very long time and see no reason to move to another provider.

There however is a problem: I contacted your upgrade team and not only are they unable to do a deal for me, the phone is nowhere on the Vodafone prospective phones.

I find this appalling. The phones have been well advertised by Microsoft and competitors of yours are queuing up to supply, yet you seem content to let your customers down and allow them to move to other providers.

Surely this cannot be right?

I simply want a good deal on the phone from Vodafone – is this too much to ask for?  

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Each Network will look at new products being or been released to see if they fall into their business plans / strategy and market place demand.

Not every Network will release each model of manufacturers phones. 

Ive known people upgrade through independents when this happens as sometimes they provide more choice and simply marry up the SIM card of choice with an unlocked phone. (iPhone is locked to the first SIM card used). The issue with going to an independent is that discounts such as VEA is not available. 

I can't see that your email would be deleted but may not have arrived to its destination. I would check for any bounced back emails that you've sent. Also I would think one of the CEO's PA Team would see and deal with incoming emails. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

thanks for your comments, appreciate it.

The problem as you rightly point out is with MS mobile and their inability to send a very strong message about their mobile strategy which is persuasive to customers and Networks... so until this is remedied then the large market share players will keep us penned into poor services...

Re the executive team response... when Guy was CEO I used his team on a few tricky problems, and they were quick and very responsive.. I got a sense of apathy from the new team.

I am tempted to move to preorder from MS and switch. 

BandOfBrothers

You're Welcome. 

I've been fortunate to trial the Nokia Lumia 1020 , own the Nokia Lumia 520 and now my partner uses the Nokia Lumia 435 and my daughter uses the Microsoft Lumia 535. All nice phones but did find that some certain Apps are a little slow to be released. 

I've used all the networks and find that their strategies are kind of the same with choosing which to provide. I remember the outcry when a certain network decided to stop supplying Blackberry handsets. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

@zubo01 wrote:

There however is a problem: I contacted your upgrade team and not only are they unable to do a deal for me, the phone is nowhere on the Vodafone prospective phones.

I find this appalling. The phones have been well advertised by Microsoft and competitors of yours are queuing up to supply, yet you seem content to let your customers down and allow them to move to other providers.

Surely this cannot be right?

I simply want a good deal on the phone from Vodafone – is this too much to ask for?  

I find it unreasonable that just because you want a certain model of phone that you expect that Vodafone should stock it.

If you can find any network that supports every phone on the market I think you will more than lucky. Every network makes a commercial decision as to what models they will support and where the market demand will be the most beneficial for their business model.

Surely if you must have a certain product you buy that product from someone who does supply it.

jeffkinn

Even if the CEO's team did contact you they wouldn't give you commercally sensitive information that isn't yet in the public domain.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

let me just think about that.... so a date when they plan to stock is commercially sensitive??? wow.. I will see if I can send my spies in to see if I can find out and then earn a fortune selling the information to the highest bidder...

and also a simple acknowledgement is surely possible without divulging commercial secrets and after all is common courtsey..

jeffkinn

Yes of course a business decision to stock or not to stock a particular product is commercially sensitive.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Yes of course a business decision to stock or not to stock a particular product is commercially sensitive..

Please give me a detailed explanation why this is so... I find observations like yours without substance relying on key statements really unhelpful..

and I have worked in large complex corporates for a very long time so I do know the meaning of commercial sensitivity... but I think unless you can justify it in this context then you are rather abusing the term...

SynthFG

Any buisness has the right to choose to stock or not stock any product it likes based on its own comercial assesment of the market

If you want to upgrade to the 950 or 950xl on Voda you can pre order today to do so with cpwh or another 3rd party

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own