Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi Calling Lumia 950XL

bcomerford
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi, Can someone please tell me when Vodafone will support Wifi calling one the Microsoft Lumia 950XL? Thanks Barry
17 REPLIES 17

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

@sirgader wrote:

Well I must have experienced magic then, because I made a wifi call from Lumia 950 l)

@jeffkin attaching screenshot with the WiFi calling indicator

That isn't the symbol for network enabled Wi fi calling. Whatever you're getting it isn't from Vodafone, which isn't a surprise as Vodafone doesn't support wifi calling for any Lumia models.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

He posted a screenshot showing the wifi calling setting enabled. The setting is completely missing on my device in the same menu. Looks real to me

jeffkinn

The symbol was for some wifi setting but I don't believe that's the symbol for network enabled wifi calling. This is the official symbol

How-to-enable-Wi-Fi-calling-on-iPhone.jpg

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

He has the options though in sim settings though. I don't even get that.

This is the screenshot he posted showing them:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/vodafoneuk/attachments/vodafone/nokia/32421/2/wp_ss_20160115_0002.png

Hi guys! So to reiterate:

@jeffkinn is there any "official" symbol of WiFi because as far as I know there is no official indicator. Every platform differs Apple, Android (https://9to5mac.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/img_2105.jpg?w=698) and Windows (http://mspoweruser.com/a-peek-at-wifi-calling-on-t-mobile-usa/)
As you can see Microsoft bundles the indicator with WiFi one while Google adds the second indicator. They are quite similar though.

It is from vodafone as I am Vodafone subscriber. I have managed to make a call from the basement flat where there was no mobile reception at all. Unfortunately I haven't taken the screenshot but if I will be able to reproduce the situation I will post it.

Before I switched to Vodafone I was with EE and officially they didn't support handsets from out of their own distribution. Well - I was using WiFi calling with them since December no problem. Must be the same with Vodafone then!

@slysy I just inseerted my SIM and volia! It works. Just mind you that I was trying it on the SINGLE SIM handset from Polish distribution (RM-1104_15172  it was bought from Play but the operator code shows as CV 000-88). At the same time my DUAL SIM handset from Germany that I normally use (RM-1118_13880  operator code 000-88) does not have the WiFi calling option after I inser the same SIM.

Hope that helps and clarifies things a little bit.

All the best!

Thanks. I have the sim-free uk 950xl (single sim). It doesn't work

sirgader
4: Newbie
Seriously no idea. I'll let you know if I have a chance to test 950 XL I will update it here

Another example of lack of support from vodafone if it's not an iPhone.  I have nothing against the iPhone nor the 'supported' samsung devices, have used both and all have their faults including windows phone.

It is definitely a case of vodafone allowing it to be 'switched on' for your sim card as well as your account etc.  have seen this on the EE forums.  For those who are unsure, it has nothing to do with branding the device, all iPhones are not branded, it's just the way vodafone want to control what device can and can not use wifi calling.