Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi Calling Lumia 950XL

bcomerford
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi, Can someone please tell me when Vodafone will support Wifi calling one the Microsoft Lumia 950XL? Thanks Barry
17 REPLIES 17

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @bcomerford

We do not have access to Vodafones systems or have any inside knowledge for when Vodafone will release this to more compatible handsets. 

I would say keep an eye on Wifi Calling and Vodafones Blog.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

sirgader
4: Newbie

I have checked my SIM in unbranded Lumia 950 XL and it works fine in there despite not being officially supported. Same about Message+ (RCS).

63johnw
Hi, given the lack of support for windows devices with my Vodafone app I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to come to any windows phones.

It is native function of Windows 10 Mobile. Please find the screenshot as a proof.

63johnw
Ah OK sorry I thought you were asking for it, that's great if its there and working.

No worries! Yes, that's a good think. I only struggle with make it work on Dual SIM variant of Lumia 950 - the setting does not show up. Microsoft's official specs say both single and dual sim variants support WiFi calling (dual i.e. does not support Visual Voicemail). I am in touch with Microsoft who denies problem is on their side, but since my SIM's WiFi calling works on other devices but dual sim it must be their issue.

jeffkinn
WiFi calling may be baked into the Windows OS but it has to be supported by the network. It's the same with iPhones. Vodafone doesn't support WiFi calling on Windows phones and so it'll never work on this network until they do support it.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Well I must have experienced magic then, because I made a wifi call from Lumia 950 l)

@jeffkin attaching screenshot with the WiFi calling indicator

How did you get it to work? For me, the wifi calling section is missing under sim settings (although wifi calling is enabled on my account at voda)