You are here:

Windows

Ask a question:
Rank 5: Regular Poster

Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Now that Microsoft have released the Windows 10 Anniversary Update for un-branded Lumia phones including the Lumia 930 how long will it take Vodafone UK to release it to us for the Vodafone Lumia phones?

Regards

Infinidim
Infinidim
Message 1 of 5 (6,254 Views)
Rank 50: Grand Master

Re: Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Hi there

As a quick search will reveal, Vodafone don't comment on if / when a firmware update will be available for a device. For further information on why they don't, please see the link below:

Firmware FAQS

Has my post helped you? If so please click the Thumbs Up button! Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 5 (6,240 Views)

Hi @infinidim

I don't blame you wanting the latest firmware available which helps to introduce new features , deal with bugs and adds security patches in most cases. 

Keep checking the Software Update section of your phone and as soon as it's been checked by Vodafone to ensure it does not clash in anyway with anything I'm sure they'll release any relevant firmware in batches / waves. 

I hope you receive it as soon as possible. 

image.jpeg

Message 3 of 5 (6,236 Views)
Rank 5: Regular Poster

BandOfBrothers, thanks for your comments.

As you know I have a major ongoing issue, with WiFi, on Lumia 930's ( both mine and my wife's phones supplied by Vodafone UK) which I have a case open with Microsoft currently. One of the discussion Microsoft Mobile Device Support has talked about is that the Windows 10 Phone Anniversary update might address this issue, so basically Vodafone e are holding up the testing of this. I don't want to put the Insider version on, and Microsoft agree with me on this point as well.

Regards

Infinidim
Infinidim
Message 4 of 5 (6,208 Views)
Highlighted

You're very WelcomeSmiley Happy

image.jpeg

Message 5 of 5 (6,199 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

My Vodafone

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Register for My Vodafone

Top up