cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Windows Phones not detecting vodafone network, But other phones do in same building

Firesprite
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm in the IT department at my company. And had a number of Windows 8&10) phones brought in to me. All with the same problem in that none of them can detect the vodafone network. Yet non-windows phones are having no trouble detecting the network. Sim's have been checked in other phones and do work on non-windows phones. Which is the oddest thing, I even checked the sim's on two unlocked windows phones. The phone in question are all Lumia 640's

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

May I ask were the phones sourced from Vodafone Uk ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

As far as I known they are and are on vodafone contracts. And are locked to the network.

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

A conundrum. 

You could get them looked at via a Vodafone store. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi, playing devil's advocate, what sort of signal strength are you getting on the other phones? As an example, my old galaxy note (unlocked CPWH bought) gets 2 bars of 2G where my L930 (Contract bought from Vodafone and now unlocked) can't get a single bar, or even an intermittent bar.

From what I hear the received sensitivities of newer phones is being reduced in an effort to minimise the radiation given off and hence the newer phones get worse signal than the older ones.

Retired-KaylG
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Firesprite, 

We have a Network Trouble-shooter available here. I recommend taking a read through it and following the steps to get these issues resolved. 

Kayleigh