Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

lumia 1020 critical update

pablothegoat
1: Seeker
I have a Lumia 1020 great camera, but otherwise a pile of poo. I keep getting "critical software" update required, which either doesn't work (good) or leaves me reinstalling from scratch (bad). Thankfully the phone provides a useful hint for my 100700d or whatever it is message - follow the link.. Which shock horror isn't found. I've tried calling Vodafone, after all I've only been a customer for about 15 years, and got sod all response. Thankfully I only have about 11 months more of this crap before I can change phone and more importantly provider.
2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Have you tried asking the guys and gals on the Nokia / Microsoft Forums. 

If your phone is branded I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the firmware that Vodafone may have released for it. 

Ive trailed that phone when it was released and really liked it. It was the camera nodule on the back that took some getting used to. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

thesoupdragon

There is a great resource over on xda-developers that shows you how to manually flash the most recent firmware to your windows phone.

It might be worth a read and see if its possible for you to re-flash the firmware to remove any glitches that might be present.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2515453

If nothing else, its a good read... :smileywink: