Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

vodafone r206 windows 10

RBA
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've just installed software from a R206 device on Windows 10 but there is no response when I click on the software to initiate startup. How can I rectify this problem?

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Is there any firewall or security suite that maybe hindering it and needs permissions to run ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I don' think so, I've right-clicked and ran as administrator with the same results.

BandOfBrothers

It maybe then worth searching for any relevant drivers etc. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Would you have any suggestions as to how I should go about this?

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

I was under the impression that the R206 is an older device and as such isn't compatible with Windows 10. I may be wrong on this though.

PWIAC

I tried it with Windows 8 previously as well 

I was told by a customer care rep the device does work with Windows 10

AnnS

Hi @RBA

The device is not on the list of compatable Windows 10 devices on the link below.  This will be the reason you are unable to run the software.

The later device R207 is on the list. 

Mobile Broadband Software

It goes to show how useful live chat and phone are with this, I was told twice it was compatible with Windows 10, I think live chat may have even sent me a link to a page to prove it but I didn't check it. They post links to a lot of stuff whenever I have problems. I tried this on Windows 8 as well and had the exact same problem.

Also whenever I plug it in it asks me for an unlock code. I bought the device on ebay and didn't get a code. Vodafone won't give me one, even though the advice I'm given in regards to get the code is to contact support. Then they dismiss me.