Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Windows

vodafone r206 windows 10

RBA 2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've just installed software from a R206 device on Windows 10 but there is no response when I click on the software to initiate startup. How can I rectify this problem?

View more options
12 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Is there any firewall or security suite that maybe hindering it and needs permissions to run ?

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options

I don' think so, I've right-clicked and ran as administrator with the same results.

View more options

It maybe then worth searching for any relevant drivers etc. 

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options

Would you have any suggestions as to how I should go about this?

View more options
16: Advanced member

Hi there

I was under the impression that the R206 is an older device and as such isn't compatible with Windows 10. I may be wrong on this though.

Has my post helped you? If so please click the Thumbs Up button! Smiley Wink

View more options

I tried it with Windows 8 previously as well 

View more options

I was told by a customer care rep the device does work with Windows 10

View more options

It maybe beneficial to speak with customer service on 191 or via Live Chat on this. 

They may pass you through to Tech Support. 

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options

Hi @RBA

The device is not on the list of compatable Windows 10 devices on the link below.  This will be the reason you are unable to run the software.

The later device R207 is on the list. 

Mobile Broadband Software

View more options

It goes to show how useful live chat and phone are with this, I was told twice it was compatible with Windows 10, I think live chat may have even sent me a link to a page to prove it but I didn't check it. They post links to a lot of stuff whenever I have problems. I tried this on Windows 8 as well and had the exact same problem.

Also whenever I plug it in it asks me for an unlock code. I bought the device on ebay and didn't get a code. Vodafone won't give me one, even though the advice I'm given in regards to get the code is to contact support. Then they dismiss me.

View more options

I just went through the links for compatibility you posted Ann, I can't see the R206 anywhere from Windows 7 upwards.

View more options

@RBA

If you purchased on ebay, if possible it may be better to make a return.

You will then be able to purchase a device more suitable for your needs.

View more options