cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

£5 week compensation - doesn't cover it I'm afraid!

Jam_Jar
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Hi.

I've just done some simple maths to show that £5/week compensation does not adequately cover the extra I'm paying for a new tariff when you take into account that part of the tariff covers the cost of buying the new iPhone 6 too (offsetting for the upfront cost of the iPhone 6). So, I will be taking this up with CS when my phone eventually arrives (your guess is as good as mine?) as I believe in the meantime I will have been paying for a product/service that vodafone has failed to provide nor offered adequate compensation - surely this falls foul of trading standards / distance selling regs?

I would have emailed this to CS if that were an option to register my complain, but I reckon that in the absence of that facility this is the only way (other than snail mail) I can record my compliant in writing.

So there you have it.

JJ
2 REPLIES 2

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Jam_Jar, 

If your price plan has changed, then your commitment date will also have changed. As you've agreed to a 12/24 month commitment for that particular price, you aren't being overcharged. 

We'll be unable to offer anything further than the £5 waiting credit we've already agreed. 

Thanks, 

Kay

Kay.

I think you've missed the point I'm trying to make.

If I compare the prices of the tariff I've taken (12 months) @ £63.50/mth with the equivalent sim only plan @ £42/mth there is a £21.50 difference which accounts for the lower upfront cost of the iPhone6. Hence, if the iPhone6 took 8wks/2mths to deliver then as a customer I'd be paying £43 for a product I didn't have - and that's only taking account of the iPhone6 cost and not the missed opportunity to use the tariff features in full!

JJ.