cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Anyone from senior management care to comment?

Benw18
5: Helper

So it's that day that many people accross the world look forward to, some call it sad, some call it crazy. As our mobile phones are now somewhat an extension to our body its easy to understand why people get excited about a new product.

I'm not interested in what day, what time i place an order, whether it be at 1 minute after pre-orders begin or 1 week after. What I am interested in is being supplied with correct information when I request it.

Currently there are hundreds of 'rumours' flying around discussing what appears to be the absolute shambles your business is in. As a business owner myself I would be highly concerned with a single person not being satisfied with my products - let alone hundreds, if not thousands. 

To add insult to injury your marketing team then thought it would be an exceptional idea to send a marketing email out this morning declaring Vodafone has the iPhone 7... Do you, really?

So, what are you going to do about it? You've taken your customers money, you have entered them into a legally binding contract and you are now unable to provide accurate information that changes depending on which employee you speak to.

Quite simply you have disgraced a large percentage of what probably were loyal customers, myself being one. As one of the UK's biggest mobile phone networks I would have expected there to have been several planning meetings which would have involved talking stock, deliveries, customer demand and many other key business indicators. If you are really trying to tell me you have 'winged it' and just taken every single order without any idea of stocking levels and customer demand then quite frankly your operation as a business is what many think it is - shambolic. 

Please also dont go down the "Apple didn't manufacture enough handsets" route as you will, without any shadow of a doubt been given a MOQ that they will have fulfilled. 

Please dont ignore this post and for my own sanity (and many others), please dont come back with the reply 'keep checking the tracker for further updates'. 

Unhappy customers don't just disappear becuase nobody is willing to step up to the plate and justify the business decision. Treat your customers with the respect that they deserve and give them some honest genuine answers. 

30 REPLIES 30

paulkerdot
4: Newbie

Very well written Ben. Lack of communication and bull are the worst.

Rm80
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Couldn't have put it better myself, total disgrace.
Spoke to 3x customer service advisors this morning , each one telling me a different story. One of the got really annoyed when I asked if she had a tracking or consignment number.
I have ordered the same handset and plan from EE , which ever one comes first I will keep and cancel the other !!
Absolute shambles of a business.

I ordered a full priced handset from Apple as a backup. Not the colour I want  but Ill use it till the Vodafone handset comes.

The Apple one ss coming this morning according to UK Mail. Not a dickie bird about the vodafone handset.

Two years ago I pre-ordered the 6 Plus got an email telling me delivered on first day.. didn't happen.. Eventually arrived two weeks later. I was pretty angry at the time.

This year I'm not even excited, I figure it will likely be at least a couple of weeks before I get the 7 Plus..(I ordered last Friday just after 8am)  I don't think Vodafone have a clue about how many devices it is getting or when, and often updates are "worst case" in terms of delivery to manage expectations. 

I think it is practically pure luck if you get the phone on the first day, Apple never seem to manufacture enough devices in time.. If you don't believe that who delivers the phones to Vodafone?

I'll get excited when they update me about my order being delivered till then.. not much you can do. 

Surely we have some legal rights here? There must be some compensation? I've been lied to time and time again.. and have kept all the live chat screenshots as evidence!

@emzidan wrote:

Surely we have some legal rights here? There must be some compensation? I've been lied to time and time again.. and have kept all the live chat screenshots as evidence!

Why worry about screenshots when they email you the full transcript? Surely that would be easier.

I've just been given a £120 credit for being lied to about the delivery date.  Don't give up until you get at least this amount.

Great if I actually receive them... I never do!

A response from senior management is what I have asked for, whether that be in the form of a private message or (i would hope) a post on this thread for all to see. 

The longer this goes on the more angry your customers will become. A blanket announcement that is a 50/50, you might get what you have paid for, however you might not get what you've paid for is NOT good enough. 

Waiting very patiently for a response, oh.. and an update on when i can expect my delivery.