cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Anyone from senior management care to comment?

Benw18
5: Helper

So it's that day that many people accross the world look forward to, some call it sad, some call it crazy. As our mobile phones are now somewhat an extension to our body its easy to understand why people get excited about a new product.

I'm not interested in what day, what time i place an order, whether it be at 1 minute after pre-orders begin or 1 week after. What I am interested in is being supplied with correct information when I request it.

Currently there are hundreds of 'rumours' flying around discussing what appears to be the absolute shambles your business is in. As a business owner myself I would be highly concerned with a single person not being satisfied with my products - let alone hundreds, if not thousands. 

To add insult to injury your marketing team then thought it would be an exceptional idea to send a marketing email out this morning declaring Vodafone has the iPhone 7... Do you, really?

So, what are you going to do about it? You've taken your customers money, you have entered them into a legally binding contract and you are now unable to provide accurate information that changes depending on which employee you speak to.

Quite simply you have disgraced a large percentage of what probably were loyal customers, myself being one. As one of the UK's biggest mobile phone networks I would have expected there to have been several planning meetings which would have involved talking stock, deliveries, customer demand and many other key business indicators. If you are really trying to tell me you have 'winged it' and just taken every single order without any idea of stocking levels and customer demand then quite frankly your operation as a business is what many think it is - shambolic. 

Please also dont go down the "Apple didn't manufacture enough handsets" route as you will, without any shadow of a doubt been given a MOQ that they will have fulfilled. 

Please dont ignore this post and for my own sanity (and many others), please dont come back with the reply 'keep checking the tracker for further updates'. 

Unhappy customers don't just disappear becuase nobody is willing to step up to the plate and justify the business decision. Treat your customers with the respect that they deserve and give them some honest genuine answers. 

30 REPLIES 30

Really disappointed. 

Had briefly switched to providers and called Vodafone for my pac code. They didn't offer any good deal as an existing 9 year-customer, but decided to stay either way.

I've got 4 lines with Vodafone and upgraded 2 of these for the iPhone 7 Plus. Wish I didn't now. 

A lack of communication and uncertainty amazes me. 

I was only notified at 01:00am that I wouldn't be getting the phones on the 16th. Very frustrating. 

The whole excitement of the "pre-order" has been shattered. 

neirin
1: Seeker

I assume everyone has seen this?

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Announcements/iPhone-7-pre-order-stock/td-p/2518159

but it would now be nice to know if specific orders are delayed. I spoke to 191 this morning and they couldn't confirm but said that customers should contact vodafone and ask for compensation for the delay

Thaigreencurry
4: Newbie

so, someone has just had £120 compensation - does this mean we should all be getting this amount?

All I asked for was £40 off my upfront cost because their sim only deal works out cheaper for me (with employee advantage discount)  rather than handset contract and the rep I spoke to said NO! In fact she wouldnt let me cancel the order , she said I would have to wait for the handset to be delivered, send it back and then cancel the contract. Can't say I'd be happy to wait X amount of weeks for the phone and then have to send it back for refund. 

At the moment Vodafone will take no responsibility for their lack of communication with customers. Unlike many others I (currently) have received no email/text message stating that my order will be 'late'. 

I beleive the information people are being provided is what is considered to be 'customer expectation management', basically providing a delivery time scale which is potentially much longer than it will be, however to make it appear that you are an 'important customer' this works in Vodafone's favour. 

I amazed that still, there is no official reply from Vodafone management to this thread. You really would expect them to be all over this like a rash, however to hide away and hope people 'stop moaning' in only going to anger people more and more. Vodafone's Twitter is in meltdown with angry customers, the forums are lit up with angry customers and i can guarantee the call centres phone are on fire this morning.

VODAFONE - STOP HIDING AWAY, STOP MAKING BLANKET ANNOUNCEMENTS, STOP LYING AND START INTERACTING WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS ON A PROFESSIONAL AND RESPECTFUL LEVEL

I have just been on hold for 35 minutes to the complaints department,

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/complaints/

I spoke to a gentleman who appoligised for my treatment, I have made an official complaint against the sales advisor who took my original order.

I stayed up after a night shift to place my order at 8am only to find out several days later he did not enter it onto the system until 3:15pm that day so I would of been behind 7 hours worth of online and phone orders.

I have been offered one full month of compensation when my phone finaly gets delivered.

When the delivery is who know more chance of guessing the lotto numbers at the minute.

I think this comparison of mobile networks by PC Advisor sums things up for me:

Best mobile network UK: It's definitely not Vodafone
In June 2016 Vodafone was called into question by Ofcom, the regulator, for failing to deal with customer complaints. Vodafone has been accused of not having adequate complaints procedures in place. Not just that, but it has also been uncovered that these deficiencies extent to affect the billing of, potentially, all its 20 million customers. This is in the wake of it changing its billing platform last year, according to moneysavingexpert.com.
Vodafone could in theory be fined 10% of its turnover. However this is unlikely to happen and falls incredibly short of compensating the millions of people who have been affected by its poor service. If you're thinking of starting a new phone contract any time soon, our advice is to hands down not even consider going with Vodafone.

Full article here:

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/buying-advice/broadband/best-phone-network-2016-uk-3452450

So, over 24 hours later and still nobody from Vodafone can grab this situation by the horns and be honest... Let alone a senior member of any team. 

I for one am totally disgusted with Vodafone and the total lack of information that has not been provided. 

Persoanlly, I have still not had any communication regarding delays - no text message, no email and I guess a phone call would be a step too far for a communications company to provide! 

In a roundabout kind of way, WHAT ARE YOUR PR AND CUSTOMER SERVICE 'TEAMS' PLAYING AT?? (apart from posting the very, very annoying link to your 'update'). Does anyone of authority ever read through this forum, or is it a blind technique to make consumers believe their thoughts, questions and opinions matter? 

To the best of my knowledge Vodafone has done nothing more than make a poor attempt at an annoucement on this forum, which, if you didnt know existed you would have no information at all. 

SO, VODAFONE... WHATS THE STORY?? Who's going to step up to the plate and answer YOUR CUSTOMERS questions (thats the people that pay for the 'service' you provide)?

Do you honestly believe that people will just 'disappear' if you continue ignoring them? How about you provide some answers, be honest and acknowledge your customers... Maybe even deliver a phone or two? 

Still waiting (somewhat) patiently... 

Rm80
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
I have now cancelled the phone and contract as it is within the 30 days, I ended up speaking to 8x customer service advisors and everyone of them told me a different story. I can't believe the service here from Vodafone , not once have I been contacted by text email or phone call to advise of the delay etc after I received confirmation from Vodafone that the phone would be delivered on 16th Sep ,
I ended up going to uswitch and got a cracking deal from EE with half the upfront cost Vodafone required. Ok I might have to wait 21 days for the phone but I am more confident now than I was with Vodafone.
So I am now on my 30 day notice period from Vodafone, I have 4 other business lines in total with Vodafone which the contracts will be bought out. Even the cancellations team never tried to keep me as a customer , it was " you want to cancel ?? Ok "
Good luck everyone.

Retired-LouiseE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello all

I'm sorry to hear about the delay with some of your iPhone 7 orders, I understand how disappointing this for our customers. Currently there is a delay of between 2 - 8 weeks for new orders depending on which model you have ordered, this is because we are awaiting new stock from Apple.

As this problem with the new iPhone 7 stock is affecting all mobile networks we will not be offering compensation.

Louise