Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple customer goes to the top for iPhone battery answer

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

This is something I go by and rarely force close Apps. 

'Apple customer goes to the top for iPhone battery answer'

Source BBC Tech. 

Apple customer goes to the top for iPhone battery answer

Excerpt from the link. 

"The head of Apple's operating system iOS confirmed that open but unused apps do not affect iPhone battery life after a customer emailed boss Tim Cook."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

5 REPLIES 5

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

I thought that was by now common knowledge.

Ever since Apple started making phones they have said that apps in the background do not affect the battery life.

The only time to force an app to close is if has frozen.

BandOfBrothers

There's was and still is a difference of opinion wether it's beneficial to force close apps on the iPhone. 

For a while Facebook was known not to be properly in a suspended state and continued to run. They recently updated the app I believe to remedy this. I personally prefer to use the American Facebook App Paper which doesn't have that issue. 

Current Phone  >

kids

I looked at the Paper version when it was first released but it is more akin to a news reader and our charity Facebook page is graphic and video intensive so it would not suit out purpose.

BandOfBrothers

I prefer it as I then do not need the separate messenger to be able to message people.

I find it feels faster and less intensive than the app or going through safari.  That said I do not intensively use Facebook so it meets my needs. 

Unfortunately im unable now to update it due to not being able to change iTunes Stores. :Sad_face:

Current Phone  >

jeffkinn
Anyone worrying about the Facebook app should use the browser. It's easy to set up a shortcut on the homepage and the user experience is very similar.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png