Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

At home iPhone repair

gabbyb
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I was told on live chat that they will send someone to my home within 24 hours to see if my phone can be repaired, is this even possible? Because of this i asked for a confirmation email which haven't received and asked for the live chat transcript email to be sent which i have not received either!

4 REPLIES 4

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

In short, no.  I suspect what they were referring to was sending you a returns pack so that you could send the handset back to Vodafone and have someone look at it.

If you are close to a Vodafone Store, you can drop the phone off for repair.  If you live near an Apple Store, you could make an appointment with a genius and have them check the handset over. 

PWIAC

thanks, he mentioned that this will be free of charge. However i do not have proof of the transcript sent yet, and this is not the first time i havent recieved one when requested 

drey_p

It is free to send the phone back using a returns pack.  The repair itself will also be free if the phone is under warranty. There will be a charge if the reason it is faulty isn't something like physical damage.

It's always a good idea to screenshot the chat so you have a copy.  Alternatively, copy and paste it into a Word document.

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @gabbyb

Welcome to the forum. 

Vodafone do not have mobile engineers as mentioned.

May I ask what issue(s) are you experiencing with your iPhone ?

If you can do please create a BackUp to iCloud and to iTunes if you use a computer before handing it over. Also take time/date stamped pictures of the iPhone to prove its condition before it leaves your possession. 

An iPhone comes with a 12 Month Warranty which as indicated covers failures not connected to drops or water damage as examples. 

If your phone is 12 months or under then I would go to your nearest Apple Store and they'll look at it at the Genius Bar or text you to return normally within the same day. An appointment is not usually required now as Apple have changed this process.

Or do make an appointment via https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

If an Apple Store is not local then you could speak to Apple Chat to see if they can arrange for you to send it back via post.

if your over 12 months then either option of  or Vodafone their will probably be a fee.

 offer an out of warranty replacement.    Help Link

If their is to be a charge then also look to alternative options such as Home Insurance or some Bank Accounts offer cover. T&C and Excess Fee's would typically apply.

I hope all goes well.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.