Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BT Wifi - Iphone 6s - Register ?

mum3kidz
4: Newbie

I have a Iphone 6s on a pay monthly account and I have realised I am entitled to access BT Wifi , I cannot for the life of me find where to register to activate this on my account .

Can anyone tell me where I would find the option to register for , I am at a loss why its not simply activated my Vodafone against my phone number

I have 5 different phone numbers for my family  on my account , do I need to register each one individially or just once to cover the account 

Vodafone sent me a link that simply returns an Oracle manager error when I ret to click the link and log in

It can't be so hard , can it ?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello @mum3kidz

Some info in this link > bt-wifi.

And in > https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Internet/Connecting-to-the-internet-on-your-phone/38913513/How-do-I-c...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the links  , but I still cannot see where I initially need to  register / activate  my phone / account for BT Wifi .

BandOfBrothers

Hi

What happens when your in a Bt WiFi area and try to connect ?

Current Phone  >

This part in the link explains what to do. 

"The easiest way to connect is by using the My Vodafone app. Once you've downloaded it – and when you're in range and your Wi-Fi's turned on - your phone will connect automatically to the nearest BT Wi-fi premium hotspot. 

If you don't have this app, you'll need to connect to the hotspot, open your browser and enter your My Vodafone username and password before you can get online."

Current Phone  >

I am no where near a Bt Wifi zone at the moment , so I don't know and the nearest one is 11 miles away , I am trying to get past the first part which is to register my phone number or account for access to it , when I try to access the link given to me by VF  to regiser all I get is Oracle manager error 

BandOfBrothers

My thoughts are a person does not need to Register. 

The part i pasted in earlier earlier seems to point to that. 

"If don’t have the app, or if you’re using any other mobile device, tablet or laptop, the BT Wi-fi portal will open when you open your browser. From here, choose ‘Log in with my UK mobile provider,’ then choose ‘Vodafone’, and register with your My Vodafone username and password."

Current Phone  >

The online advisor at Vodafone was quite adamant I needed to register all 5 phone numbers that are on my account first  , before I can get access to BT Wifi 

BandOfBrothers

YWell that's official advice. 

I go from my own usage with many Networks and never had to register to use wifi.

The exception I've found is if you want to use Wifi in certain outlets. Asda as one example requires a sign up. They just want your information for marketing purposes;)

The exception could  Bt Fon.

If I was in your situation I'd see what occurs when in a place I can connect. 

I cannot advise what will occur as I use Bt Broadband Infinity so have that access anyway. 

Current Phone  >