Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Best iphone?

billionaire-boy
4: Newbie

I've currently got an iphone 4s that's over 3.5 years old on Vodaf sim only. Lots of things have started to go wrong (battery needs replacing as it doesn't hold charge for long, and the mic is dodgy only during calls - to the point where I can hear them and they can't hear me at all). I'm not sure it's worth paying to sort these things out, and I should maybe get a new iphone. 

What would be a good option? Iphone 5c? I don't really want to spend absolutely tonnes but if it will cost me a bit to rectify my current iphone, with no guarantee it will be fully fixed, I might get a new one. 

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

I do agree that it's an idea not to invest funds into an older phone that seems to have a few issues with it.

Also the iPhone will probably struggle with iOS 8 and won't run as smoothly or some of its features.

Also iOS 9 is not that far off.

The iPhone 5c is a good stable phone but I'd suggest not trying to save disposable funds by opting for the 8gb version as this after iOS requirements has approx 6gb of user memory not allowing for future iOS updates.

Many have regretted buying the 8gb model as it fills up too quickly and requires a lot of micro management with the user memory.

DropBox etc can help with storing data too.

The iPhone 5s is a good phone and should comfortably be future proof enough to run iOS 9. Go for at least 16Gb.

I use the iPhone 6 Plus 16Gb as I wanted the faster Achip and larger screen size for my eyes 😉

The iPhone 6 is slightly bigger than the iPhone 5s and is awesome.

Of course other manufacturers are options and as such I would perhaps make a short list of phones that interest you. Look at YouTube for Un Boxing and end user reviews and then pop into your local HighStreet stores with working demo models to give them a whirl.

There are HighStreet shops that sell used phones and add warranty too. This can be a cheaper option than buying new.

The one I use on the HighStreet only buy from members and fully test the handset and ensure its not blacklisted.

I don't think I can mention its name here ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks, that's interesting to know about the iphone 5c 8gb and that may be a false economy by the sounds of it. 

As I am looking to keep my sim only plan, i'll be buying a new phone outright so am looking for a good deal on the price of the handset itself. 

BandOfBrothers
You're Welcome.

I've spoken to so many people across other forums that have regretted buying the 8Gb version. After a few apps , pictures and music etc its soon used up 😦 And then have to move data to online vaults etc to update iOS or have to update via iTunes.

It depends on disposable income.

If you have a local  Store go visit to take a look.

Personally I wouldn't recommend one of the well known auction sites to buy an iPhone from due to various issues one being them being IMEI blocked not long after buying them ie Insurance claims.

(I submit many do buy from the sites and are happy)

The high street store I speak of has red signage - do you know which one I'm talking about ?

Enjoy the journey to buying into a new phone. 😎

Current Phone  >

Yeah I don't have loads of spare ££ but then I feel like if I'm going to spend on a new iphone handset, I won't be able to get even the most basic model (5c 8gb) for shy of £300. And so I may as well try and stretch to a better model. 

No, I'm not sure of the one with red signage. Other than vodaf! 

Hi,

Your not alone reference disposable income. 😒

I save throughout the year and sell my iPhone back to my local  store to help fund my next purchase.

I've Pm'd you some information.

Current Phone  >