Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blocking Withheld Numbers?

martinsmith99
4: Newbie

Is there anyway to block withheld numbers on an iPhone4, or set it so that I am not alerted when someone calls me from a withheld number?

Thanks 

- Martin
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

You cannot block numbers on an Iphone at all witheld or otherwise I'm afraid.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

jeffkinn

You cannot block numbers on an Iphone at all witheld or otherwise I'm afraid.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

And Vodafone has no facility to block this?

- Martin

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

The best you can do is to set ringtones one by one  for everyone in your contact list and then set a silent ring tone as your default tone. They can all be the same ringtone if that is your preference.

You will of course still see the blocked call in your missed calls list but at least you have missed the audible alert and the calls will eventually go to voicemail.

If you do decide to do this make sure that everytime you add a contact you assign them a ringtone. Also you could also change the message on your voicemail to tell people that blocked numbers are not answered bu always go to voicemail and asking them to redial without concealing their number.

There are always around the probelm but they do tend to take a bit of time to set up

Jebelious
16: Advanced member
there are apps that can do this also on the App Store - i saw one for 69p which is highly rated

If i have helped please feel free to click on the Thumbs Up below

kids

The problem with those apps is that they do not truly block numbers at network level..

What they do is to upload all of the information in your contacts to their own database and then if the number of an incoming call is not in that database the number is rejected.

The information they upload is used for their own Lookup services, so unless you are happy with everything in your contacts being uploaded for their use which of course invades your privacy, they are best avoided. Personally I prefer to retain control over what infoirmation on my phone I give out.

There is a rumour that in ios5 Apple have a function regarding blocking witheld numbers but like all Apple stuff until it is relased it is just that - a rumour.

Jebelious
True but no uk operator offers the facility to block calls/sms/numbers/withheld numbers so the only thing you can do is utilise one of these applications, some older samsung devices have the facility to block SMS also

If i have helped please feel free to click on the Thumbs Up below

my htc desire hd has a blocked caller function it is so handy 

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi martinsmith99

Thanks for your post here.

I’m afraid there is no network functionality that would allow us to block incoming calls, no matter who they are from.

If it’s a matter of nuisance calls then you can report this to the police and once you get a crime reference number, let us know and we’ll put through a free of charge number change for you.

Let me know if you need anything else and we’ll be happy to help you further.

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

If you have a spare minute could you please take the time to fill out a short feedback form about me?

You can do so here

michaeleunson
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

This is a complete and utter joke. Your telling me i need to change my number to stop withheld numbers ringing me. Ive just upgraded from a samsung galaxy s3 to a iphone 5s and the s3 had a option to block witheld or private numbers. Apple apparently being the superpower do not have this option. I would not be so bothered but when im on standby at work or on call through the night and need my phone on LOUD ( bearing in mind i have 2 small children) and i get nuissance calls through the night waking everybody up your telling me vodafone CAN NOT stop the private numbers ringing me, but they allow governments across the world to listen in to anybodys calls this is a utter joke and im really really peed off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1