Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Call Echoing on iPhone SE

mbardsley
1: Seeker

I got my iPhone SE on contract brand new on the 31/05/2016, i've used it, phoned people with it, then today 04/06/2016 i phoned someone and they could barely hear me but i could hear them okay. Then after, i called a friend and she said she couldn't hear me either. So i reset all settings and then when i phoned her again her voice and my voice was echoing through my phone at ear piercing loud. However, this time i phoned i could hear her just fine but she couldn't hear me then my friend phoned me back she could hear me just fine but i can barely hear her on max volume.

I went through the settings more, put the headset in, played music to check the speakers, got an app to and spoke with Siri to see how well the microphone can hear me which was all fine. So i went on to voicemail and the voice on the other end was still seriously quiet even on max and barely anything when in default volume.

I haven't damaged the phone at all, i haven't dropped it nothing like that i had someone call me on 03/06/2016 phone call was fine no issues.

My friends are thinking the phone could be faulty and be a manufacutor issue which does happen with new phones or a mobile network issue or antenna to explain why it is only happening when in a call with someone.

My signal strength as i've noticed the last few days has either been 1 or 2 circles out of 5 also

Has anybody else had something like this happen to them and know how it can be fixed? or if i take it to a Vodafone store will i get a replacement if its a fault with the phone?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @mbardsley

On the iPhone hold down the Sleep/Wake Button and Home button together until the Apple Logo shows. Then On seeing this Apple Logo release both buttons ,and the iPhone will reset , which has been known to clear most glitches.

I note you say the signal is pretty low which can affect call quality. Sometimes turning off 4G/3G in the iPhones settings can help. 

Vodafone have a 30 day window for faulty phones. 

Day 1 to 14 is a straight exchange. 

Day 15-30 they may want to send it off to be checked and if it's faulty then they'll exchange it. 

Day 31+ it's a repair. 

How-do-I-return-a-faulty-phone.

If an iPhone is at 31+ days of ownership I would suggest approaching an Apple Store and they'll look after them better in my opinion than a 3rd party repair centre can. 

An Apple Appointment can be made here https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/ or walk in and they'll see you or arrange for you to return via a text message. 

I assume no screen shield or case it applied and the ports are free of lint.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

nikiandemma
7: Helper
7: Helper
Hi, try using the wifi calling feature too, that'll eliminate a fault with using the cellular part of the phone. Also try to make sure you're not covering the little pin hole at the back next to the camera, I believe this to be the hands free mic and noise cancellation feature which if covered can affect call quality too

Let us know how you get on!