Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can I sell my iPhone 6

markie57
1: Seeker

Hello, I've only taken on the iPhone 6 a matter of months however I really cannot get on with it. It's on a contract and I'd like to know if it's possible to sell the handset and get a replacement from somewhere,perhaps Vodafone to be honest I was far happier with the iPhone 4s. I've no problem at all with my bundle, that is ideal for my requirements however I'd just like a phone I'd be comfortable using.Thank you

13 REPLIES 13

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
The phone remains vodafone's property for six months. After that it's yours and you can do what you like with it. You can buy whatever phone you like and use it with your contract even before the six months.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

AnnS

@markie57

If you check your T & C's, you will see that the phone is not your property until the 6th month payment has been completed, after which time you are free to sell the phone.

Until then, the phone is Vodafone's property.

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

It depends on how long you have had the device.  You only own the device when you have successfully paid your first six bills.  Until this time, you do not own the phone - Vodafone do and you aren't allowed to sell it. Here are the relevant bits of the T&Cs for you to read through:

You will only own the mobile equipment following the successful payment of your first six bill

and

4h. We may provide you with mobile equipment when you take out a bundle. We will own any mobile equipment which we provide you until you have successfully paid your first six bills. During this time, you understand and agree that you:

i. must not sell, lease or otherwise permanently give the mobile equipment to anyone

and

4i. Provided you successfully pay your first six bills by the payment due date and you do not breach this agreement (for example, you fail to pay the charges when they are due); you will automatically own the mobile equipment.

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers

Hi @markie57

Sorry to hear that the iPhone is not for you. 

When you do sell / pass on the iPhone it's an idea to ->

• Unlock it to all Networks to increase its street value. (£19.99 fee if unlock is requested before 12 months is completed.)
  • Follow this  link on what to do before it leaves your possession Link
  • If your not using an iPhone again / move on from your older iPhone then De Register from iMessage. Link.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

snarrf
4: Newbie
Just a quick bump to see if these terms (after 6th bill) are still the same?

I'm in the same boat, got an iPhone 6S last November and want to go back to android

BandOfBrothers

Hi @snarrf

The 6 payments clause has been removed from the T&C.

Link > T&C's

As far as I understand this the phone is now owned by the contract holder from Day 1. 

Current Phone  >

drey_p

@snarrf wrote:
Just a quick bump to see if these terms (after 6th bill) are still the same?

I'm in the same boat, got an iPhone 6S last November and want to go back to android

Hi there

Yes the T&Cs you have signed up under haven't changed and you can only sell your phone after 6 clear payments.  The T&Cs for newer contracts have removed the 6 payment requirement but don't apply to you as you took out your contract last November.  You'll find the T&Cs that apply to contracts taken out between 1 October 2015 and 4 May 2016 here.

If you take a look at my earlier post here it outlines the relevant clauses.  Either way, you should be well out of the 6 payment period by now and should be free to sell your phone.  Which phone are you planning on getting?

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers

@snarrf

If I may offer these tips....

When you do pass on / sell your iPhone please don't forget to carry out the Erase All Content and Settings in its settings. This will clear the iPhone of your information and allow the new owner to input their SIM card and Apple I.D. 

Apple Link > What to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Also unlocking the iPhone to all networks could increase its street value and usefulness. 

Unlocking-your-phone-NUC.

Current Phone  >

snarrf
4: Newbie
Cheers for the quick replies guys.

With the value of my current device I'm probably going to look at something like the new honor phone. I know emui has a similar interface to iOS but that's nothing a launcher can't solve. Just feel comfier with android