Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't text a specific number

leehayesuk
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, 

I cannot seem to text a specific number.  I can call the number and recieve text and calls from their number but just can't text it.  It does not show up on the recipients phone whatsoever. 

Can you please help.

Many thanks. 

26 REPLIES 26

I'm at a loss as it sounds from your Troubleshooting journey it's the iPhone. 

Try turning off mobile data in both iPhones settings so iMessage cannot work at all to see if that helps. 

Are your text message bubbles Blue or Green to denote the method of how it's sent ?

I'm not telling you to do this but if this was my situation I'd try de registering from iMessage as per the Apple information in Here.

Turn off iMessage in the phones settings and force the texts to be sent as normal ones ie Green bubbles so no data connection is required. 

Something in https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6014903?tstart=0 may help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I assume you have both tried....

Hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears then let go of both. 

Current Phone  >

Yes I have tried that, nothing seems to work

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @kimberleyw_

When a SIM card has been used for a while and becomes quite old, it can start doing strange things and may work perfectly in an alternative phone but you start having problems in a different phone.

I would try the SIM swap from a Vodafone Store and take it from there, it may solve the problem.

You should also be able to get one of the newer NFC SIM's from the store.

If you continue to have the same problem after the SIM swap, please come back to the forum.

@kimberleyw_ wrote:
Yes I have tried that, nothing seems to work

Ok then @kimberleyw_

Let us know how you get on in regards to the Sim Swap we've discussed. 

Would you please update your thread with any outcome as this can also go onto others searching for similar information and advice. 

Current Phone  >

Ok that's great thank you, I'm planning on going in store to get a new sim either tomorrow or Tuesday so I will post in this and say how it goes.

Thank you.   :Smiling:

Best of luck. 

Current Phone  >