Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't text a specific number

leehayesuk
3: Seeker

Hi, 

I cannot seem to text a specific number.  I can call the number and recieve text and calls from their number but just can't text it.  It does not show up on the recipients phone whatsoever. 

Can you please help.

Many thanks. 

26 REPLIES 26

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Is this a UK mobile number. 

Can you check the phones blocking facilities.  

Apple help link > https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201229

Have you recently Ported to Vodafone. 

Are you both on Vodafone. 

Ask the recipient to also check their phones settings and with their network. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

leehayesuk
Thanks for your reply.

It is a uk number on the three network.

I am on Vodafone.

This number has not been ported neither as the recipient number.

No blocking is activated on either phone.

AnnS

Hi @leehayesuk

As the number is not a Vodafone number, it will be difficult for Vodafone to be able to see why the message is not being received.  

With the text will be leaving the Vodafone network and sent to the 3 messaging service number for forwarding onto the the recipient this means it will most likely be an issue at the receiving end and you are going to need to ask your friend to check with 3 Customer Service for the reason they cannot receive messages from your number.

If you are sending a text and not an i message, try turning off your imessaging and see if this helps.

If you continue to have issues, please use live chat and they will be able to check your text messages are hitting the messaging centre correctly.

Thank you for the good advice :Smiling: 

BandOfBrothers

@leehayesuk wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

It is a uk number on the three network.

I am on Vodafone.

This number has not been ported neither as the recipient number.

No blocking is activated on either phone.

Hi

Thank you for your prompt reply. 

As I mentioned then it could be beneficial to speak with both sets Customer service just to.check nothing at their end is hindering the texts. 

Thank you for checking no blocking is on - on both handsets. 

Current Phone  >

I will thanks again for your help :Smiling:

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome. 

Would you please update your thread with any update as this could then also go onto help others who find themselves in a similar position. 

Current Phone  >

Yes I will.  As soon as I know anything I will post it on here. 

kimberleyw_
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have been having a problem for a few months with my iPhone 6s where I do not receive some texts from one particular number. I can receive one text from the number which is , then I will reply, and not receive any for a while afterwards. And I do not ever receive them late, they just seem to disappear completely. I have been into the apple store a couple of times now and they even gave me a completely new phone, but the problem is still there so I know it isn't anything to do with the hard drive in the actual phone. We have tried the idea of it trying to send through as an iMessage but did not solve the problem. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem before and has solved it, or if anyone has any idea what could be the problem? It needs to be fixed so I can have a conversation with the person and in case of emergencies.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!