Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't text a specific number

leehayesuk
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, 

I cannot seem to text a specific number.  I can call the number and recieve text and calls from their number but just can't text it.  It does not show up on the recipients phone whatsoever. 

Can you please help.

Many thanks. 

26 REPLIES 26

Thanks for replying but those threads are the opposite end not receiving their texts, in my case it is that I am not receiving some texts from the other number but they receive my texts I have sent them without a problem.

You're welcome. 

I thought the info icould point you in the right direction for troubleshooting such as checking the phones blocking features, removing and re adding the problem number, sim swap and check with customer services in regards to your accounts. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you, I have put my sim card in other phones and I get texts from that number without a problem, the only last option I can think of is to get a new sim card and see if that works. 

So just for clarification...

If you insert your current SIM card in an alternative mobile phone the issue 100% goes away ?

Current Phone  >

Yes it goes away, I put my sim in an old HTC and I could text the number without any problem. But putting the sim in two different iPhone 6s' and the issue is there again

In that case I'm not confident that a Sim Swap will cure the issues when using the iPhone as it works as it should. 

I assume you've tried...Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings on your iPhone.

Current Phone  >

Yes I have tried adjusting my settings on both iPhones and the problem is still there.

I note you've both tried the iMessage route. 

Have you both tried turning Off iMessage in the iPhones settings. 

Current Phone  >

I have also tried this. Still not working correctly.