cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't unlock iPhone (even though Vodafone insist it's unlocked!)

ansellrk
4: Newbie

Hi Vodafone

I have an iPhone which was on Vodafone for two years and has now been replaced.  I've gone through the NUC process and duly recieved the email saying "All is well".  I've connected the phone to iTunes to complete the unlock process and it comes up with an error.

" The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier. Please contact Apple for more information."

Thinking I must have done something wrong I redid the NUC form and recieved an email telling me that the phone is already unlocked... but Apple don't agree!

How do I fix this please?

Thanks

Rob

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

This is the process for unlocking through Vodafone. 

Once Vodafone accept your online request they would email you to confirm, and then go onto ask Apple to release the lock. 

Apple then can take approximately around 20-30 days to complete the unlock itself. 

Periodically inserting another networks activated sim card within that timeframe should result in the unlock.

Hooking up to iTunes is the generic avenue but from the iPhone 5 model it's not always necessary. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi, 

To confirm, I went through the online process and receieved an email confirming that within a day.

I then recieved a second email confirming that my request had been accepted and the manufacturer had been notified

I then recievevd a third email confirming the phone was 'unlocked'

I have done this with two iphones at the same time, one has unlocked perfectly, the second one hasn't and (with or without iTunes) is giving me the same error.

I believe the process has been followed through to completion but there has been an error on the way which I'd like investigated.  I did request the NUC again only to have it confirmed by Vodafone that it has already been unlocked.

Thanks

Rob

MobileNinja
13: Advanced Member

Hi Rob

If Vodafone have it on record that the phone is unlocked, another NUC request wouldn't solve the issue.

If you email the NUC team back explaining exactly what has happened, you'll stand more chance of a suitable response than just completing the form again.

If it's still an issue, maybe Apple themselves could give you some direction. Don't forget, Vodafone don't actually unlock the phone, the request is sent to Apple and unlocked through their database.

If I've helped you, please click Thanks

I emailed the NUC team but just keep getting an autoresponse telling me to fill in the online form!!

That is why I have come to this forum to try and get it resolved because the online chat sent me to the NUC email, you've just done the same but I'm not getting any response from that avenue.