Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cancellation email

yujiaus
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

As all comment in this forum, my first order for iPhone was approved, but not confirmed.

So I re-pre-order again and receive approve, then confirmation email.

However, just now. I have receive the email from Vodafone for cancellation for my iPhone, which they cancel my 1st order reference number.

Is this means that I need to wait a month to receive the new iPhone???

8 REPLIES 8

garethr
12: Established
12: Established

No idea. I'm in the same position as I suspect a few others will be too.

I'm guessing they've finally started to being processing the original orders which had got stuck, but some official statement on where it leaves those of us who re-ordered would be useful.

I imagine because they are processing them in sequence, they'll process an order, but then discover a duplicate (later) order for that account and then cancel the first order rather than actually cancelling the second order.

I am really confused that re-order was suggest by KD (Administrator) from Vodafone in this forum... She mentioned that the if we did not get "confirmation" email, we should re-pre-order... I believe that means that Vodafone did not receive the 1st order.

Now they find our 1st order, which was not confirm. then cancel 1st order, which they have details in their system. So they decide to cancel 1st order, which I manage to process pre-order 09:02 on Friday...

If we did not receive on launch day, I will be disappoint...

Yeah, it does seem rather chaotic. To be fair probably not helped but all of us inpatient folk feeling the need to re-order to get confirmation! Lol.

I'm just hoping there is enough pre-order stock to go around and not make this an issue.
From previous years supply hasn't been nearly as constrained as people have thought and usually a couple of days into the pre-ordering and people are still able to get launch day handsets, although this year I'm not overly hopeful given the rate the supposedly more constrained 6+ sold out at Apple!

SkylineLvr
8: Helper
8: Helper
Just got 2 emails from VF. First one shows that one order has been cancelled which shows my first web order number. The second email states that they received 2 orders on my account and for me to receive my order as soon as possible, the second has been cancelled. So it seems promising that I may keep my original spot in the queue. I guess we'll see soon enough b
  • Previous phone: iPhone 5 64GB Black Slate
  • Current phone: iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Space Grey
  • Next phone: Possibly the iPhone 7

DBurdon
4: Newbie
SkylineLvr I have spoke to 191 about the wording of the email, saying it has cancelled my second order, they advised that the second order is infact your first as that is the second one they are trying to confirm. Seems wrong especially where they are operating a first come first served policy of handset allocation. Further more the lady was possibly one of the rudest I have ever spoken to, she barely had the time of day for my call and it sounded like she was eating while answering my questions.

I know they must be fed up with people asking questions, but being pleasent isn't to much to ask, surely.

Both my original orders (in the initial chaos I managed to get two duplicate orders for the same number) are now showing as cancelled and the third order (the re-order) is still showing (as it has since about 20 minutes after placing the order) that it is confirmed.

I sincerely hope this means the initial place I'd have had in the queue with the first order has not disappeared.

It really wouldn't have taken much for the good folks at Vodafone to just put a message on here Friday and tell people to sit tight and that the orders would get processed over the weekend!

Having said all this though - from past experience the first come first served thing only ends up applying once an order is confirmed. I'd be interested to know whether the orders they are now processing are going to the back of the queue, or remaining in their original positions...

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Guys,

If you still haven't received anything confirming your order, Live help on the Contatct Us page can check what's going on.

Thanks,

Sukhi

Thanks for update email, Vodafone.

Officially, my order is DELAY and will not be delivery on tomorrow.

Seems to my 1st "cancelled by Vodafone" order, which was "approved" at 09:02am on 12th is not count by their service and now they do not know when they will be delivery my iphone 6plus.

I should have known...