Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Compensation lottery

SafeNath
5: Helper

I think It's fair to say that the way in which Vodafone has dealt with the iPhone 7+ delays has been nothing short of appauling. It seems they have diliberately mislead customers about delivery dates that keep sliding back further and further. As customers have now been promised their phone on several occasions, each time the promise has been broken it is only fair that we are compensated. If Vodafone were honest and told me I would be still waiting by October I would have been long gone and gotten my phone from Apple directly. I feel like I have been intentionally mislead and lied too to prevent customers cancelling. 

My issue here is that people on the forum have posted claiming they have received anything from 50% off their bill, to £350 credit, to free power banks, to free upgrades to 256gb iPhones. 

Why are Vodafone giving some customers compensation and others nothing at all.

It would be a huge help for anyone who has received compensation for this debarkle to post what they received, and how they went about getting it to help others. I for one have rang several times, and I was once promised an upgrade on LiveChat, only to be told this was completely wrong on 121.

4 REPLIES 4

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@SafeNath wrote:

My issue here is that people on the forum have posted claiming they have received anything from 50% off their bill, to £350 credit, to free power banks, to free upgrades to 256gb iPhones. 

I think that you need to take some of those claims with a pinch of salt until someone posts a copy of their bill with the credit showing.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

From my experience any goodwill gesture is given on the individual merits of each case. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

My compensation payment as stated in the other thread is 100% genuine.  I had to hang in there for two days- about 5 hours total on the phone.  I have received confirmation via text and email with reference numbers.

B3aver
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I preordered mine 9th september early on about 9:30am and apart from the annoying 1am/4am texts about my 256gb jet black 7+ a free power bank is all i've been offered. My question is are the people getting offered stuff ringing up complaining a few times or just the once? I haven't yet and my contract is up this week or next and might just cancel myself and go else where if others are getting stuff and not me hardly seems fair on myself and everybody else.