Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Conditional Call Forwarding - Hullomail

TheTranter
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Related to Pay Monthly Voicemail service.

I've seena few posts in various forums but none of them fix the issue I have.

Apple iPhone 6S+, new voda contract, number ported across 7 days ago from EE.  Standard Voda VM working fine.

Downloaded Hullomail to utilise visual voicemail but had erros activating the service.  Raised a ticket on them, they investigated and reported that this is an issue with Conditional Call Forwarding with the network.

I found posts that suggested various **61*xxxx type codes but they report the exact same failure error that I recieve when using the app to activate.

Bizarrely I have an iPhone 5C for work on Voda and the app activated first time.

Anyone had errors or problems and know how to fix?  Cannot find any option on phone lines to speak to someone about it either!

46 REPLIES 46

Hi Charles,

Yes, I read the full thread, but the methods seem varied and uncertain (which is why my sepcific question was "what was the evntual fix?").  For instance, one user said that a carrier settings update may have been the solution (but I have no way to force a carrier settings update).

Also, I'm not asking Vodafone to get involved with a 3rd party app.  I'm asking Vodafone why one of the services the network provides (call forwarding) does not work.  That's a Vodafone issue, not a 3rd party app issue.  For instance, using codes such as **004*[phone_number}# to set up call forwarding do not work when they should.  They result in an error message and are obviously a handset / network issue (nothing to do with a 3rd party app).

- Peter

@peter_333 - Thanks for the response. Take a look at our support page on voicemail for more help with this.

Thanks for the link Charles.  I've read through that page, but none of it deals with my issue at all.  My issue (and the one this thread is about) is that setting up conditional call forwarding using GSM network codes does not work.

Any ideas?

@peter_333 - The only information I can find is here, if this information doesn't help I'd recommend speaking direct to the Technical team.

Thanks Charles.  Yes, those are the codes that aren't working.  Here's hoping the tech team can help. 🙂

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@peter_333

In order to set up diverts for HulloMail, please try using the following format (please amend according to your HulloMail number):

**21*004433xxxxxxxx# (CFU)

**61*004433xxxxxxxx*15# (CFNRY)

**62*004433xxxxxxxx# (CFNRC)

**67*004433xxxxxxxx# (CFB)

We have tested this within the office and can confirm that using this method works.

We acknowledge that HulloMail recommend using **004*004433xxxxxxxx# to set up the service, however this is currently not working for WiFi calling subscribers.

Hi Dave,

I would generally reply with a "Thank You" to a helpful forum post like yours, but in this instance you've replied more than 7 months after my last message, and following on from one of your colleagues giving a link to basically the same info you supplied!

(And for reference, no these codes did NOT work for my issue.)

I've had my fair share of horror stories dealing with Vodafone support and customer services, but trying to get this issue solved sits right at the top of the pile!

For anyone else reading this, who had the same issue, here's how I solved it:

1 - Spend 4 months trying to get Vodafone support to help you.

2 - During that 4 months, ensure that you trust as many support staff as possible when they say, "Don't worry.  We'll get this fixed for you.  I'll call you back tomorrow with a solution".  They won't call back, but apparently you have no option but to trust that they will.  When you call back to follow-up, you'll need to start the entire support process from scratch on each call, but don't worry, after a few calls you've gotten pretty good at reciting the script.

3 - After around 4 months of this game, threaten to leave Vodafone and (if you’re lucky) a Vodafone rep will FINALLY admit that there is the possibility to talk to someone in a "3rd tier" or "Network Engineering" support team (teams that, up until this point, almost every rep has denied the existence of.  If they do admit to their existence, then you will be told that under no circumstance are you allowed to talk to these elite teams, as they are far to impressive and important to talk to a lowly customer).

4 - Finally you will be put through to a network engineer who has actual skill and knowledge (it's the first time you'll encounter actual skill and knowledge up until this point).  They'll be incredibly helpful, but ultimately admit they have no idea why you're experiencing the issue you are and will offer one final (drastic) solution:

5 - The network engineer will arrange for your line to be closed completely, and a new line opened.  This is the equivalent of starting a whole new account and porting your number to it.  It's a drastic move, but it works!

6 - Spend another month making numerous calls to Vodafone, because when customer services started your new line and ported your number, they set it up with the wrong bundle, the wrong add-ons, the wrong plan discount, etc. It's a massive hassle, but you've got your call-diverts working again, so don't be surprised if you're basically told to shut-up and be grateful!  After all, it's only been 4-5 months, which in the Vodafone world seems to be about on par.

Hope this helps.

- Peter