Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Customer service

charles794
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I ordered an Iphone 6plus over a week ago and recently found after being told it would only take 3 week at maximum that the likely order date will be November 6-20th. I then contacted Vodafone to check this which I was then required to wait 25 minutes for a call back. After finally being put through I spoke to a woman who had the least interest in anything that was going on she did not seem to want to help or even sympathise with me. She even at one point basically told me to just leave Vodafone and should she start the cancelation process on my contract. After being a loyal customer over the last 3 phones I have had I thought I would have received a better treatment than this. This is coming after a series of wrong doing with Vodafone and I am genially considering leaving and cancelling my contract after this deplorable behaviour from the customer services.  

Charles

24 REPLIES 24

Retired-Sarah
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi charles794,

Welcome to the eForum.

This is disappointing to hear.

We're sorry for the delay and inconvenience this’s caused. 

As soon as there's an update on your order, you'll receive a text/email confirmation.

Once you’re order’s been dispatched, you can track this here.

Thanks,

Sarah 

I upgraded my account 15th September 2014 and still have no idea of when I can expect the handset. It appears that if you  order via a Vodafone agent on the telephone there is no tracking or order information available at all. My order does exist on the system but the only way to progress is to call 191.

This is a pretty pointless exercise as the agents on the other end of the line have no idea when the orders will be fullfilled. All they can tell me is that when the handset is received they will send out a text message with an order reference. I can then use the order reference to track the delivery.

The agent that I spoke to today seemed very bored and disinterested with the situation. I am not sure that I can blame him as he is probably fending off a large number of similar enquiries each day without the information/means to satisfy the caller.

So it looks like I may get a text message today, in 1 weeks time, or 6 weeks time, or even 16 weeks time; they have no system in place to predict a likely lead-time.

The handset that I have on order is the 6+ 128GB version. Other people appear to be receiving this variant daily; I can only assume that they ordered their handset 12th September. Or am I being a bit naive??

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi SG2001,

So we can find the order number for tracking, see here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

DaveCD

Vodafone seem to have been very quick to blame Apple in this....whereas other MNOs and 3rd party suppliers seem to be fulfilling orders.

My beef with Vodafone, and something no one has been able to adequately answer, is that if they were a responsible company and sensed that Apple were not going to match their order demand why did they continue to present a 'shop front' that duped customers into believing that stock was available and their order would be fulfilled in a reasonable timeframe? Surely an 'out of stock' response would have been better until they got themselves in a better stock position? However, I'm acutely aware that having the customers money in your coffers and paying a derisory compensation (delayed for a few months) looks better on the 'books' and makes shareholders happy!!

JJ

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Apple's underestimation of the demand for their phones has stuffed up the supplies worldwide:

http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/AT-T-Wireless-Community/ct-p/attwireless?board_id=apple

Can someone from CS tell me about how I raise a formal complaint against Vodafone.

Trying to do so online just refers you to call 191 and there is no complaint option on there!? There is no option to email either.

I want to raise a complaint formally as over the last 2 days I have been misinformed (lied to basically) by vodafone CS which led me to travel to a store today to pick up my iphone6 which had "Definately been delivered to the store" only for the store to declare that they had not recieved it.

I want to raise the complaint formally so I have a trigger date to go to the ombudsman - as I have a feeling that this is where the complaint will end up.

Cheers.

JJ.

AnnS
17: Community Champion

@Jam_Jar wrote:
Can someone from CS tell me about how I raise a formal complaint against Vodafone.

Trying to do so online just refers you to call 191 and there is no complaint option on there!? There is no option to email either.

I want to raise a complaint formally as over the last 2 days I have been misinformed (lied to basically) by vodafone CS which led me to travel to a store today to pick up my iphone6 which had "Definately been delivered to the store" only for the store to declare that they had not recieved it.

I want to raise the complaint formally so I have a trigger date to go to the ombudsman - as I have a feeling that this is where the complaint will end up.

Cheers.

JJ.

The Ombudsman wont be one tiny bit interested in why your iphone 6 has been delayed.  

Its not a network or account issue which is the purpose of the Communications Ombudsman.

My complaint isn't about the delay to an iPhone6 order...it's in part about the complete lack of coherent CS from vodafone and their filibustering when you try and make an actual complaint. For example being told on 191 today that I could not make a complaint through them about information I was given on 191 yesterday because the call yesterday was handled outside of the UK (Egypt in fact) ... so their advice is that I can only make a complaint via live chat. Not a very corporate response. So, I trundle over to live chat only to be faced with continual disconnects as no one is available on live chat. Hmmmmm!!

I spoke with the ombudsman today and at least they have given me a snail mail address to write to Vodafone to...which is more than Vodafone themselves do! If anyone else is interested it is:

Customer Relations Manager
Vodafone Ltd
The connection
Newbury
Berks
RG14 2FN

And their advice is send snail mail recorded and make sure I ask for transcripts of any live chats I have.

JJ

jeffkinn

You'll find that address is shown at the bottom of every page on this website and the main Vodafone website!!

Also if you Google Vodafone UK complaints you get all of the information you need to make an official complaint. This stuff is easy to find.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png