Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Delivered to wrong address

Tom5865
6: Helper
6: Helper

I asked a question on here last week about changing the delivery address as it was being sent to the store rather than the account address and as i am away for work will be unable to collect. but that is a whole different story involving vodafone not changing the addresses on my account after 3 requests.

Very long and boring story!

I was told to wait for a consignment number and i finally got that at 8am. After spending 50minutes on hold (proof with picture along with that awful song 'i'm the man') the operator told me i can finally change it to the account address!!! and he went ahead and confirmed that the phone will now be sent to that address and NOT the store.

I then got an email an hour later saying the phone has arrived in store... I checked with LiveChat if this was right as the stores NEVER picks up their phone. LiveChat told me to ignore the email and that the phone is definately coming to the house...

Now after years of [removed according to House Rulespoor service my partner decided that she would pop into town to see if the phone had been delivered there... and it has... although she is not allowed to collect it I have to! and if im not back by the 07/10/14 they will send it back to the wharehouse and i will have to wait 8 weeks for another.. at the same time paying for a contract i dont even have a sim card for.

now as i see it, i have one upgrade that i can send back and can walk, this new device i can cancel as well, but i also have an ipad plan.

what i want to know is,

-how does vodafone calculate there cancellation charges for the ipad plan. is it just the remander of the months?

-is there a direct line to cancellations as the wait is 30 minutes and as im offshore i cant schedule a call back and the live chat doesnt seem to be working.

-is it right what the store are saying? will vodafone start billing for a plan i dont even have a sim card for as the line isnt even active? what right have they got to send the device back considering i have paid for it and apprently being charged monthly for it.

2 REPLIES 2

Retired-Sarah
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Tom5865,

If you’d like my team to look into this for you, please get in touch here.

You can find our cancellation information available here.

Thanks,

Sarah

gooner1967
4: Newbie
You have my sympathy, have had a nightmare experience on the delivery front as well. Still it's made my mind up to move all my devices from Vodafone as they come to the end of their contracts. For such a massive organisation they have been useless on this upgrade
Went by the name of Homer. Seven feet tall he was, with arms like tree trunks. His eyes were like steel, cold, hard. Had a shock of hair, red like the fires of Hell.